C4 Forums | Control4

С4 driver for sauna (or something similar) control

John1199

Hello community.

I am looking for C4 driver to control sauna. It should consist of two "sliders" for temperature and humidity settings.

Actually I want to use standard C4 Thermostat driver. But there is one moment: two "sliders" for temperature and humidity settings should be located on the same screen (for instance on the left side of T3/T4 touch panel screen slider for temperature setting is located, on the right - slider for humidity settings). I don't find such type of driver yet. Do someone know name of driver I can use to comply this task (or at least driver with similar possibilities)?

1 hour ago, mstafford388 said:

You're going to need there to be a driver for that specific device, or at the very least a web view for controlling that device, there is not going to be a generic plug and play driver available.  

Thank you for your answer. Actually, there is no specific device that controls sauna. It does PLC, which is connected to C4 controller via Modbus protocol. I am looking for a driver for graphical representation and control possibility of sauna data (temperature, moisture, steam generator) I get from and write to PLC. 

If you already have control (via Modbus or some other protocol) within C4 then a few comments:

1. You are very lucky! I would give anything to get my sauna and steam room linked via Modbus or any other available protocol (but don’t think I can :-().

2. There are various ways of gaining control and graphical representation of temperatures / humidity etc. once these are in C4. The most practical are probably the Yatun thermostat driver (there are actually 3 of these and they are free) or the bIcons driver from bNet solutions (this will give graphical representations but not control, control would need to be programmed via another Experience button(s).  I typically use Blackwire’s emoji driver pack to get down and up arrows for control and bIcons to display the settings if I cannot get the Yatun thermostats to do what I want).  If you have Modbus control, you have (probably) used the Yatun Modbus driver? In which case the Yatun thermostat driver links in very nicely.

As a matter of interest, what brand Sauna do you have?

19 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

If you already have control (via Modbus or some other protocol) within C4 then a few comments:

1. You are very lucky! I would give anything to get my sauna and steam room linked via Modbus or any other available protocol (but don’t think I can :-().

2. There are various ways of gaining control and graphical representation of temperatures / humidity etc. once these are in C4. The most practical are probably the Yatun thermostat driver (there are actually 3 of these and they are free) or the bIcons driver from bNet solutions (this will give graphical representations but not control, control would need to be programmed via another Experience button(s).  I typically use Blackwire’s emoji driver pack to get down and up arrows for control and bIcons to display the settings if I cannot get the Yatun thermostats to do what I want).  If you have Modbus control, you have (probably) used the Yatun Modbus driver? In which case the Yatun thermostat driver links in very nicely.

As a matter of interest, what brand Sauna do you have?

I don't have sauna from brand. I have separately temperature/humidity sensor, electrical heater, steam generator Relset SGA45. All of them are connected to PLC and are controlled according to PLC program. This PLC, in turn, is connected to C4 controller via Modbus protocol.

Yes, I use Yatun Modbus driver to connect C4 controller to PLC. I know, it is good idea to use Yatun thermostat to control sauna (actually, I use it now). But customer wants temperature and humidity control sliders are located on the same screen (In Yatun drivers they are separated).  

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2022 at 1:44 PM, John1199 said:

I don't have sauna from brand. I have separately temperature/humidity sensor, electrical heater, steam generator Relset SGA45. All of them are connected to PLC and are controlled according to PLC program. This PLC, in turn, is connected to C4 controller via Modbus protocol.

Yes, I use Yatun Modbus driver to connect C4 controller to PLC. I know, it is good idea to use Yatun thermostat to control sauna (actually, I use it now). But customer wants temperature and humidity control sliders are located on the same screen (In Yatun drivers they are separated).  

Hi John, hope you don't mind me jumping in randomly to your thread. I do t suppose you would be able to send me a copy of the Yatun thermostat driver would you?

I too want to control my Sauna via C4 and have the temperature and humidity covered with Shelly kit and a probe, just need the thermostat to control it now. 

Thanks in advance

Ben. 

21 hours ago, MurrayMint said:

Hi John, hope you don't mind me jumping in randomly to your thread. I do t suppose you would be able to send me a copy of the Yatun thermostat driver would you?

I too want to control my Sauna via C4 and have the temperature and humidity covered with Shelly kit and a probe, just need the thermostat to control it now. 

Thanks in advance

Ben. 

Hi Ben,

Yatun thermostat drivers can be downloaded for free on their website (http://www.yatundev.eu).

all the best

On 9/27/2022 at 11:49 PM, MurrayMint said:

Yes thanks for that buddy, but I don't have an account with them, as its a free driver I thought someone may just of been able to email it to me. 

Cheers

Ben. 

Hello. You can create account and download Thermostat driver for free (http://www.yatundev.eu/). It is not difficult. But you should remember that driver is usefull only with Yatun modbus tcp/rtu driver. 

7 hours ago, John1199 said:

Hello. You can create account and download Thermostat driver for free (http://www.yatundev.eu/). It is not difficult. But you should remember that driver is usefull only with Yatun modbus tcp/rtu driver. 

Agree that it is easy to get the driver.

Disagree (respectfully) that it is ONLY useful with the Yatun Modbus driver.  

I have been using the various Yatun thermostat drivers for years in order to display Control4 variables (not just temperatures - and I acknowledge there are better drivers to do this today).  This was all done without Modbus.

More recently, I have used the Yatun Modbus drivers and they are cool and work well with the Yatun Thermostat driver but neither driver is a prerequisite for the other.

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, jillmark99 said:

Reviving an old thread. The link to the Yatun drivers no longer works. Is it possible someone could PM me and send me the Yatun thermostat drivers? Thank you. 

PM sent.  For info, 2 of the 3 Yatun thermostat drivers are now maintained by HopSoft and form part of their Modbus suite of drivers (which they took over from Yatun).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.