C4 Forums | Control4

Kwikset Lock - swapping Zwave/C4 cards

eggzlot

45 minutes ago, DanITman said:

What is the firmware on the yellow card? If its low enough it might not have supported the 10 digit keypads. 

You'll also need to reset the lock to tell the card you have a 10 digit keypad now. 

Pull the battery and then hit the big button the back to drain the power.  With the yellow card in, press the large button on the back and then push the battery sled in.  Keep holding the button for a few seconds then release it.  This should factory reset the lock and the card and make sure the card knows its a 10 digit keypad. 

-Dan

so because it went from a 5 button to a 10 button lock I need to do that last step?

when i start off with the battery pulled, should the  yellow card be in there or not?  and by the big button you mean the program button, not the A/B button?  Are there are chimes or notices that happen once it is factory reset?

Yes the program button that comes on the lock....not on the card.  It doesn't matter if the card is in or out before you start.  It needs to be in when you do the factory reset.  If I recall it will beep immediately and you know its done when it stops.  I can't remember exactly the procedure as I haven't done it in a while. 

If the card is already connected in Composer you can turn on logging and see the card booting.  In that log you will see it recognize the type of lock (5 button vs 10 button).  

20 hours ago, DanITman said:

Yes the program button that comes on the lock....not on the card.  It doesn't matter if the card is in or out before you start.  It needs to be in when you do the factory reset.  If I recall it will beep immediately and you know its done when it stops.  I can't remember exactly the procedure as I haven't done it in a while. 

If the card is already connected in Composer you can turn on logging and see the card booting.  In that log you will see it recognize the type of lock (5 button vs 10 button).  

How long does it take to drain the power in step 1?  I am getting close but feel something is just slightly amiss.  

4 hours ago, DanITman said:

Right away, just pressing it once. 

I have no clue what I am missing.  I know the reset worked because I had to redo the lock orientation and if you want to even press the lock button on the touchscreen the unit needs a code and the one I manually put in wasnt erased.  So the reset worked.  

After the reset, C4 saw the card, and again I can see its status, I can open/close via the app, but none of the codes work.  In HE I Did a "sync users", from a known working lock I added the users to this new lock, again did a sync users, etc.

What could I be missing?

3 hours ago, eggzlot said:

I have no clue what I am missing.  I know the reset worked because I had to redo the lock orientation and if you want to even press the lock button on the touchscreen the unit needs a code and the one I manually put in wasnt erased.  So the reset worked.  

After the reset, C4 saw the card, and again I can see its status, I can open/close via the app, but none of the codes work.  In HE I Did a "sync users", from a known working lock I added the users to this new lock, again did a sync users, etc.

What could I be missing?

Happy to send you one of mine to test out to see if its the firmware on the card you have.  I have the newest firmware.  Let me know. 

12 hours ago, DanITman said:

Happy to send you one of mine to test out to see if its the firmware on the card you have.  I have the newest firmware.  Let me know. 

Thanks the chip I have is model 450202 - is that the latest?

I'll send you a PM

For anyone who stumbles on this thread...issue resolved

I had older locks with only 5 buttons vs 10.  In the C4 app I copied the codes from the older door lock to the new lock and I guess even though it is just 0's and 1's, it was not transferring well from a 5 button to a 10 button lock.

Long story short, I just manually added all the users via C4 app into the new lock, and so far it seems to be working.  No big programming yet, but at least all the codes seem to work, so that's a bonus!

Thanks @DanITmanfor the help.

Edited by eggzlot

Anyone have a spare motor for a 916. The motor in my 916 is bad rather than replacing the whole unit if I could find a motor I would just replaced the motor. This is my newest Kwiset lock and is only three years old. Called customer service to complain about the longevity of this lock and their answer was guaranteed for a year how old is it. Another words sorry about your luck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.