C4 Forums | Control4

Hello Guys,

I am wondering how to play a video file (introduction video) when a trigger (movement sensor) comes in.

It is not that i don't know how to program this, but the problem is finding a good 4K player that is triggered to play that one file every time without a doubt and that is controlable by control4.

Kind regards,

Mark Reijnen

I would suggest checking the Fusion Research Genesis 4K Player.

Our experience with Fusion as a full on movie server is meh (though also a few years old) but as a simple file player I expect it will do well, and is likely your cheapest option and ot dependant one several layers (Kodi on a androidTV box with chowmain driver would likely work well too as such, but you're relying on several independant layers to keep working)

Actually talk to Fusion - the zone player is meant to be part of a larger system, but if you're looking for a simple solution for a single zone/stream they may be able to work with you to have it act the way you need.

I did this some time ago using a raspberry pi and XMBC for a laser tag arena. I also used similar programing to match programming in our showroom to a C4 promotional video. It was not 4K and this was 4+ years ago. But the newer Pi 4 is 4K.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.