Sign in to follow this  
wappinghigh

The C4 "App" store

I know we are a fair way off getting this, but given the 4store has officially been announced, does anyone know how this is going to work?

a/ Like the "apple" model?..ie the customer just logs onto the website and downloads the app and loads it into navigator 2.0...

b/ something the dealer has to get for you, and load onto your system either by visit or remotely or

c/...some other "model"?..

Just curious , not speculating or anything...:)

Edited by wappinghigh

apps will be downloadable by the customer via the navigator interface or via the c4 app store website. some applications will need dealer involvement (eg the black and decker door lock).

^ Interesting. So here we have not a 20" touch screen, but a larger TV showing 2.x Navigator being controlled via mouse.

They showed the same thing at CEDIA but the guy giving me the demo frowned upon my request to video it :rolleyes: However, that appears to be cheating by running a copy of flashnav locally on the pc, which may be why they didn't want to give false assumptions about control with mouse, speed, etc. But this *does* show that flash nav can technically be run on a pc. IMO.

Does anyone know if there will be non-dealer support for developing applications? Or a special type of ISV developer dealer?

Dave C

Does anyone know if there will be non-dealer support for developing applications? Or a special type of ISV developer dealer?

Dave C

Nothing has been announced yet, so nothing is official at this time.

Everything I'm reading leads me to believe we (as a C4 Dealer) will eventually be able to customize a Control 4 Onscreen and Touchpanel GUI using Adobe Flash.

Does anyone in the know care to share some more details on the specifics of how this will work? Will composer be generating some XML that flash reads to autobuild an interface? Will composer just spit out a FLA file that we can open in flash and go nuts? Will it be a Flash component that we add to our own flash interface to get variable values and call commmands?

And most important to me: Will I need to learn Actionscript 3 to make use of this? AS2 to AS3 seems to be a pretty steep jump in programming skill.

C4 Programming is just starting to become interesting to me with this 2.0 release. I'm eager to see what they bring to the table with this SDK.

Everything I'm reading leads me to believe we (as a C4 Dealer) will eventually be able to customize a Control 4 Onscreen and Touchpanel GUI using Adobe Flash.

Does anyone in the know care to share some more details on the specifics of how this will work? Will composer be generating some XML that flash reads to autobuild an interface? Will composer just spit out a FLA file that we can open in flash and go nuts? Will it be a Flash component that we add to our own flash interface to get variable values and call commmands?

And most important to me: Will I need to learn Actionscript 3 to make use of this? AS2 to AS3 seems to be a pretty steep jump in programming skill.

C4 Programming is just starting to become interesting to me with this 2.0 release. I'm eager to see what they bring to the table with this SDK.

Not much info on OS 2.0 in regards to changing the interface has been released yet, not even to us dealers. OS 2.0 is not even in dealer beta yet.