C4 Forums | Control4

Denon Tuner preset selection (Serial Connection)

swoop19

Does anyone know how to be able to choose an FM station from the on screen display and have it correctly tune the station that was selected? I am using RS232 connection to a Denon AVR-3806 and there is nowhere in Composer to tell it that when I select 96.3 FM to go to Preset A 1 on the Denon. I can program a button on my 3 button keypad to go right to it, so I know the driver and macros are correct with the right serial codes. This is frustrating. Thanks, Jeff

AFAIK you can't directly access the Denon Presets via the Control4 Channels. You can however do direct tuning to a frequency on the Denon (via RS-232 only) form the Control4 Channels. You need to change the Station ID in the Media List from 96.3 FM to 009630 bacause the Denon is looking for a 6 digit number to tune to. For the Denon's RS-232 Tuner Frequency (TF) command: >050000 is AM, <050000 is FM.

I hope this helps,

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

rmacdougall,

I have another channel selector question. It's TV related. In C4, I have set up favorite channels, let's say HBO HD and CBS HD (who's favorite channel is CBS! - ha!) for this explination.

These icons show up on my 'channels section' of the 10.5" touchscreen. but I can't figure out how to link those channels icons with C4 actually performing the act of TUNING to that channel, where do I bind the icon with the function?

It’s done automatically. Each room can only have one set Cable and/or Sat channels to choose from. When a TV channel icon is selected in that room the system knows to turn to the appropriate channel in the appropriate Sat or Cable box for that room.

I hope this helps,

Rob

Archived