C4 Forums | Control4

Refresh Nav

BaZa

Why not have an option to refresh the navigators with the remote. They should be able to go to a screen and select refresh after plugging in an Ipod or doing anything else with the media.

You can refresh the Navigator manually. Go to the "Info" screen, then "Director", make sure the director is selected and hit "Connect". This will force a refresh on that navigator.

My experience with media is that they are automatically added or removed from the media list upon connection/disconnection. What the system doesn't do is automatically scan for new changesin mp3 files upon connection. This functionality is contained within the Composer Media Edition software that you give to the client. I agree that it would be awesome if it could scan for new changes automatically upon connection - to ensure that a PC doesn't have to be used to keep the media up-to-date.

• 2 weeks later...

Samer, I learned some time ago from C4 tech support that when you go2 INFO -> select your DIRECTOR -> CONNECT it WILL also refresh the media that was newly scanned. I just got off the phone with C4 Tech on another problem I have and reconfirmed that this is still the case.

There are two ways to get your newly scanned media into a given M/T:

1. Do a Navigator Refresh

2. Do a INFO -> (select your DIRECTOR -> CONNECT

Hope this helps.. marcel

Archived