C4 Forums | Control4

Audio endpoint 2

you need to set the endpoints on the connections page so that when you choose watch a device the sound follows and when you watch listen to a source the sound will follow while the video is still displayed. Check your bindings, that is the only way to do it.

Here's a good example:

Have a TV in the great room connected to the video switch, sharing sources with the other 7 TVs.

Client wanted a local DVD player and VCR. No wires in place to send video and audio from those sources down to the switch for distribution.

Connected both DVD and VCR directly to the TV, and set the TV as the audio endpoint 2, video's audio endpoint 2, audio volume 2, and video volume 2.

Now when either local source is selected, the system kills the audio going through the speakers (audio endpoint 1), and volume control switches to the TV IR commands.

No direct programming to switch. Just depends on the source and audio path.

Hope that helps.

Thanks guys for your ideas.

Possibly if I tell you what I am going for you can help more. I am trying to connect a set of headphones to an output on my C4 audio switch and my idea was to use the normal audio source and when need be toggle to audio source 2 which would be the headphones. I would like to be able to toggle between normal audio and audio 2 which are headphones from all of the zones setup.

Thanks

• 7 years later...

Crazybuppie - any idea why after setting up a local player and connecting the TV to endpoint 2, etc. as you stated that the volume control and input would not revert back to the centralized system?  i.e. say the centralized system is on TV input 1 and audio runs through surround receiver then using Control4 you switch to the local player which correctly changes the tv input to 2 and utilizes TV volume.  Then when you switch back to the centralized system (cable, DVD, Roku, etc.) the TV does not reset back to input 1 and the volume continues to control TV only and not the receiver?

36 minutes ago, Glloyd77 said:

Crazybuppie - any idea why after setting up a local player and connecting the TV to endpoint 2, etc. as you stated that the volume control and input would not revert back to the centralized system?  i.e. say the centralized system is on TV input 1 and audio runs through surround receiver then using Control4 you switch to the local player which correctly changes the tv input to 2 and utilizes TV volume.  Then when you switch back to the centralized system (cable, DVD, Roku, etc.) the TV does not reset back to input 1 and the volume continues to control TV only and not the receiver?

sounds like your connections may not be setup correctly. Also remember unless your tv has audio volume feed back control4 will not mute it. if audio is able to make it to the tv or video multi ways control4  will chose the path of least resistance.

Archived