C4 Forums | Control4

Help with AVM HTC1-B

brpeep

I recently purchased a three year old show home. The media room has a Control 4 AVM HTC1-B in the system. In my research, I find this is a discontinued product. I have changed out several pieces of equipment and would like to keep the control 4 unit in my system, however, the installing dealer (from three years ago) was unresponsive. I am in the commercial integration business, but have never used the product. How do I obtain software (if still availabe) for this unit?

Thanks

Bob

Although it seems foolish to you, Control4 only sells through their dealer channel, and only Dealers are authorized to have the ComposerPro software.

Homeowners can get ComposerHE (Homeowner's Edition), which allows them to change programming of the system, but unfortunately, it does not let them change the equipment, or the 'bindings' of how that equipment is connected. Other than those restrictions, HE will allow you to add a lot of functionality to your own system.

Other options: Become a dealer.

RyanE

I am in the Dallas area! It seems foolish to require a dealer to program the unit! Other Options????

Do your end users control the products you sell them? You said you're in commerical integrations. AMX, Crestron, etc...none of these companies allow the end user to do anything.

Well, IloveC4, you are obviously are company man from your username! I don't appreciate your attitude...I am just trying to get information! And.FYI, I started my business in1984, we have a storefront and we currently are integrators for digital signage.

Now, Codeman, if your read this, how do I contact you? Your website shows you are in Missouri.

Thanks

Bob

Well, IloveC4, you are obviously are company man from your username! I don't appreciate your attitude...I am just trying to get information! And.FYI, I started my business in1984, we have a storefront and we currently are integrators for digital signage.

Now, Codeman, if your read this, how do I contact you? Your website shows you are in Missouri.

Thanks

Bob

Our main office is in MO, but we have offices in Dallas, TX and San Antonio, TX as well now. Just dial the number (800 or 636) and I'm at x7002 :)

Thanks

Bob

I actually have no commercial interest in Control4....I'm just a lowly end user. Sorry you don't like my attitude.

Bob,

I don't think ILoveC4 said anything that you need to take offense from. He was just asking to see what your attitudes were in respect to the product you sell.

i.e., do your digital signage customers have full programming software available to them?

We try not to give offense in here, and try and not be too sensitive to others' comments. It's a pretty friendly forum, so I'd recommend you not comment on others' attitudes.

Of course, that's just a suggestion. :)

RyanE

Archived