C4 Forums | Control4

An alternative for Music Selection

xc420

After getting frustrated with the on-screen navigator for music selection, I've finally given up on it. I'm surprised Control4 didn't fix this huge flaw ages ago. Here's something I came up with in a relatively short time. It's about a thousand times faster for music selection/navigation and the TV doesn't have to be on.

That is true but my PC is on 24-7 so that really doesn't matter much to me. Before this my TV had to be on as well because I don't have any touch-screens and it's too much music to navigate on a remote.

I probably can't get the SDK 2.0 :( It doesn't matter the SDK 2.0 won't help any to create apps like I want. :) I'll need the Director SDK for those. :cool:

so are you going to share this one also??

I don't mind, but it might be a while. I'm trying to put together a good UI design for this.

I probably can't get the SDK 2.0 :( It doesn't matter the SDK 2.0 won't help any to create apps like I want. :) I'll need the Director SDK for those. :cool:
so are you going to share this one also??

I don't mind, but it might be a while. I'm trying to put together a good UI design for this.

Hey no hurry at all as it's not something we had and lost, this will be just like waiting for word on 2.0 ;)

• 2 weeks later...
C'mon, coming into the channel and asking for software Control4 doesn't distribute? Yeah.

I wasn't around when you stopped by, but it made me chuckle.

RyanE

Then you really would have laughed when I tried !files and !WinNavigator.zip :)

j/k

• 2 weeks later...

I'll make a version that creates a .properties file the first time the program is run. That way it will only take a couple of seconds to discover music when it launches. Right now most of the time to launch is taken up discovering the Network share ID and Audio zones. There's probably a better way to discover Audio zones.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I added "Party Mode" and the ability to add or remove zones to what's currently playing --sweet!! Next I'll work on controls for all the selected zones(power, mute, and volume), add playlist support, and add the ability to queue/play whole albums(put this off for too long). Oh yeah, also shuffle and repeat. I'll upload something after I finish all of this which may be a few weeks. Here's a cool LAF(look and feel) that I found called HiFi @ http://www.jtattoo.net/

• 2 weeks later...

uploaded to File Library - c4Music-2.zip

----------------------

improved UI - Look and Feel is from http://www.jtattoo.net

control multiple or all zones - make sure you start to play a track FIRST before adding zones.

added playlist @ the top of album table.

play/queue whole album - select album then playnow/queue.

select multiple tracks (track table only) - hold down left mouse button and drag the cursor or CTRL + left mouse click.

tried to find REPEAT and SHUFFLE :( (a few wild shots in the dark)

I've noticed it seems to work better in Windows

Archived