C4 Forums | Control4

An alternative for Music Selection

xc420

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Are you trying to run this on a Mac, I haven't tested it those.

The files that I have on c4forums are for the java runtime environment. So if you don't have that installed you can get it here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Also, when ever you download the .zip's from the forum extract them. There will be a .jar file after you extract them, these are essentially executable java files. All you need to do to run them is double-click it and it should run, as long as you have installed the latest JRE from the link above.

When you first run (only double-click one time) C4music.jar give it some time to discover audiozones and retrieve music from the controller. It will create a file called config.properties. You need to add the config.properties to the .jar and also coverart to /images/album folder. You do this by extracting the .jar file (treat it like a .zip file). Extract all the files, add the config.properties file, add coverart folders and recompress the file after you are finished (make sure to call it the same name with .jar as the extension). Some archive managers will let you add files in an archive without extracting everything (drag and drop), so it depends on the archive manager you are using.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For virtual remote

Download GetSystemItems.zip from File Library on the forum. You must run in Windows. It will create a txt file that you need to open in Wordpad( not Notepad). It lists all the items in your system along with device_id's. Even your rooms will have a device_id (I believe it says type=8 in the section where the room id is). What you need to do is use your room's device_id and fill out that information in config.properties (I think I call it room_id in config file) for the room you want to control. You also need to enter the IP address for your controller in config.properties.

Make sure you have network access to your controller (eg. you must be on the same subnet).

Should work in a 2.0 system, as long as you haven't checked 'SSL Connections Only' for the project properties.

The only reason it might have issues is that music libraries are handled slightly differently, but I'd wager that it'll probably work.

RyanE

Should work in a 2.0 system, as long as you haven't checked 'SSL Connections Only' for the project properties.

The only reason it might have issues is that music libraries are handled slightly differently, but I'd wager that it'll probably work.

RyanE

Nice...

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, this app is horribly inefficient. The next one won't be. I can drastically improve how everything is parsed. I also found a much better way to discover audio zones, queue lists, now playing and how to check the current status of repeat and shuffle. The next release will be MUCH BETTER :) - it will have queue listing/now playing. I'll probably make it where you don't have to add album coverart to the JAR , but I'm not certain if it's handled differently depending on which version of director is running. You won't need to mess with adding config.properties to the JAR either.

If earlier versions of this app didn't work for you, the next one should.

• 4 weeks later...

I've added some more features - now playing, queue list, save as playlist, change look and feel (LAF) and fixed lots of stuff. It now discovers queue list and current status of everything on startup and room changes. Next I'll tie it in where the UI updates automatically from director. I've already got this working in the light app (it also timestamps and logs events) so some of the work is already done. I might add the ability to edit artist and album names and sort by genre etc. in list view.

Archived