C4 Forums | Control4

Playlist selection event?

MarkD

Is there a way to detect when a Playlist is selected? I would like to be able to "automagically" (ie: through programming) turn Shuffle on with the selection of a particular playlist, and to have it off with another.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Yeah, I seem to recall that if it worked it certainly wasn't reliable. =( It has been a while, but I recall setting randomize=true when the room turns on or some such thing...

Funny... Katy Perry is also the first track of the playlist I created most recently too. =) And FYI... using the Windows sound recorder (!) I created a 1 second sound file that I select as the first track in a playlist... this way it always gets played first when a playlist is selected and then I get a random track as the first actual song I hear.

M.

...problem with setting randomize=true when the room turns on is that it also applies to albums that I sometimes actually prefer to listen to in the order the artist intended. It's fairly annoying. The honeymoon is definitely over...

I'm going to attach a hard drive via USB to the HC-300. So I want to have a "Music" button on my 6 button keypad that automatically plays songs from a playlist in a shuffle format. Will this work with setting it to "randomize=true" ? Will it play the first track in the playlist every time and then randomize?

• 3 years later...

Shuffle for a room can only be set from the 'digital media' section. This gets placed in the first room that gets a controller, so you may have to search for it.

In there, select the room you want to set to shuffle (program this AFTER the playlist selection, and put in a small delay of about 100ms) and set shuffle to on.

Archived