C4 Forums | Control4

Remote Access Connection

Controlling4

Hello,

I couldn't find the answer to what is probably a very simple question.

How do I connect Remotly?

Here's what I did:

-Open the C4 program

-Click "Remote Director"

-It slects the "Account Name" that I setup online

-I click "Connect"

-I enter my email and password, then hit "connect"

-it then initilizes and checks my account username and password

-then it needs me to tell it what Director to connect to, there is nothing there.

When I press Add it asks for a Name and an Address, it seems simple but I've tried several different versions of my name and address and it "can not connect

to director at --- address"

What name and address should I put?

Thanks

I thought I could access all parts of my software at home or on the road.

I know I can use the website to control the lights and alarm functions, but was under the impresstion I could use the C4 software to control and program while on the road.

I thought I could access all parts of my software at home or on the road.

I know I can use the website to control the lights and alarm functions, but was under the impresstion I could use the C4 software to control and program while on the road.

No, you'd need to setup something like LogMeIn on your home pc, and use that to access Composer HE which only works on the local network.

So then why does remote director exist in Composer HE? Why is it there if you can't use it? I've got to think there is a way to get this working.

RyanE? Anybody?

It's probably there because it was easier to leave that portion of Composer in when seperating HE and PRO, rather than strip it all out.

Then why strip out virtual director? I have to think that if they didn't want it there they would at least remove the logo...which can't take long.

My thought is that it works, it just needs to be setup correctly.

Archived