C4 Forums | Control4

Best whole audio system integration

samsong

Hi,

I am building a new house soon and will want a whole audio system that integrates with my control4 system. I would like 2 sources 4 zones (minimum) which 1 zone will be My backyard patio. I want to pick a company that has a solid 2 way driver which can integrate well with c4. Does anyone know which has the best driver ? I dont know if I should use control4's whole audio system in case I sell the house and the buyer doesnt have c4...would the Control4 4-Zone Amplifier (C4-8AMP1-B) be the only piece of hardware required to achieve what I want ? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

I am building a new house soon and will want a whole audio system that integrates with my control4 system. I would like 2 sources 4 zones (minimum) which 1 zone will be My backyard patio. I want to pick a company that has a solid 2 way driver which can integrate well with c4. Does anyone know which has the best driver ? I dont know if I should use control4's whole audio system in case I sell the house and the buyer doesnt have c4...would the Control4 4-Zone Amplifier (C4-8AMP1-B) be the only piece of hardware required to achieve what I want ? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Are you looking to distribute digital audio from say a hard drive or is this going to be spinning cd's or lP's?

What type of controllers do you currently have??

I have a HC-300. I would like one source to come from a network hard drive, and the other source would be from my cable box (has all radio channels)... I dont know what the best set up would be...plug a USB disk in the HC300 and then output to the c4 4 zone amp ?

I have a HC-300. I would like one source to come from a network hard drive, and the other source would be from my cable box (has all radio channels)... I dont know what the best set up would be...plug a USB disk in the HC300 and then output to the c4 4 zone amp ?

You can setup a network share in C4 for the digital and you can plug the cable box into one input on the amp. that would allow you to stream either to whatever zones you wire from the amp

ok thats what I thought, I just want to calculate the costs before I get into it...

what about Rhapsody ? I this just a license thats installed on your controller ?

And as far as hardware...all I need is inwall speaker wires to go to all my 8 speakers?

And do you think 60Watts is enough for the exterior Patio or is there a way to plug an amplifier for that zone ?

thanks so much for the advice.

ok thats what I thought, I just want to calculate the costs before I get into it...

what about Rhapsody ? I this just a license thats installed on your controller ?

And as far as hardware...all I need is inwall speaker wires to go to all my 8 speakers?

And do you think 60Watts is enough for the exterior Patio or is there a way to plug an amplifier for that zone ?

thanks so much for the advice.

Not sure on rhapsody I dont use it

yes regular speaker wires from the amp to your speakers, the amp can handle a 4-8 ohm load so you can even double up on speakers in a zone if needed

I am running a speaker point to some outdoor speakers on my patio and they are plenty loud, plenty and that only has 50 watts if I remember correctly

cool stuff

so you have the 4 channel amp + a speaker point ? is this a was to expand for more audio zones or does the speaker point give a bigger output ?

no I have an older home and didn't want to run all the speaker wire so I just used 3 speaker points for the zones I needed where I didn't have a discrete receiver.

Speaker points are basically just a 50 watt amp that you run power and a cat5 cable to and connect speakers and instant audio zone via the ethernet connection, of course it all has to be configured in composer before it works ;)

I would use Control4's audio. I have an 8 zone amp and am getting ready to add another one as the basement is getting finished. I have speakers out on the back deck and they are plenty loud. I don't remember that wattage out to each zone, but I am thinking it is 100. My 8 zone amp currently controls 11 pairs of speakers (there are 3 zones that have 4 speakers instead of two).

It rocks. You could leave the C4 amp, one remote, and an HC200 behind and the audio would still work (if you sold the house).

I would use Control4's audio. I have an 8 zone amp and am getting ready to add another one as the basement is getting finished. I have speakers out on the back deck and they are plenty loud. I don't remember that wattage out to each zone, but I am thinking it is 100. My 8 zone amp currently controls 11 pairs of speakers (there are 3 zones that have 4 speakers instead of two).

It rocks. You could leave the C4 amp, one remote, and an HC200 behind and the audio would still work (if you sold the house).

I thought you couldn't have a HC200 as the main controller??

The only thing I don't like about the control4 8 zone amp is that it doesn't have digital audio inputs. They are all analog. Oddly, the control4 4-zone amp does have two digitial inputs.

With the discontinuation of the 500, there's no digital outs from controllers today. I would say that you could hook up a nice SACD/DVD-A player's output to the 4-zone amp and still have HQ distributed audio using Control4's amps.

Archived