C4 Forums | Control4

sw1z

poscash3757

Where did you receive this switch from?

Your dealer, or the person who sold you the switch, should be able to tell you if it's a ZigBee Pro or Embernet switch.

If it's ZigBee Pro, you'll need to be running at least software version 1.8.0, latest 1.8.2 recommended.

RyanE

According to the c4 website, they state (ZigBee (802.15.4) Mesh Networking) I assume this means 1.7 should work..

Can you provide that link?

Is this a model C4-SW1-Z? If it is it is ZigBee Pro only. You will need to upgrade to 1.8.x

According to the c4 website' date=' they state (ZigBee (802.15.4) Mesh Networking) I assume this means 1.7 should work..[/quote']

Can you provide that link?

Is this a model C4-SW1-Z? If it is it is ZigBee Pro only. You will need to upgrade to 1.8.x

Sure! third page under control communication

http://www.control4.com/uploads/Products/product_27/Control4-120V-Lighting.pdf

The model number you provided in the subject line is not the exact model number. It sounds like you have a C4-SW1-Z. The C4-SW1-Z is a ZigBee Pro only device so you will need to upgrade your system to ZigBee Pro to use your new dimmer.

Thank you. I think you are correct. I might return it and get the older ones. I do not think I will upgrade to 1.8 because I still have 1 10 button keypad and I will not be able to use it. (well we really do not use it much anymore) Plus I really do not feel like repairing the hole in the wall

Matt

Thank you. I think you are correct. I might return it and get the older ones. I do not think I will upgrade to 1.8 because I still have 1 10 button keypad and I will not be able to use it. (well we really do not use it much anymore) Plus I really do not feel like repairing the hole in the wall

Matt

the Ethernet 10 button keypad works with 1.8. The when OS 2.0 comes out the 10 button will work with ZigBee Pro.

Archived