C4 Forums | Control4

Edit Ethernet config on Multi Tuner AVM-TUN1X-B?

MarkD

Feeling a bit bored (!) I decided to update my entire network with the recommended "best practice" of assigning static IPs to my Control4 gear, plus NAS, media players, etc., etc.

My ONLY problem... the Multi Tuner (AVM-TUN1X-B) has always been set to use DHCP and I cannot find the manual for it. And either I'm not as good on Google as I thought or the installation/user guide just isn't out there!

Can somebody help me with a PDF or instructions?

Many thanks,

Mark

That's what I had assumed... but when I go into the "Setup" screen, I can only switch back and forth between Ethernet and Zigbee in a "display only" mode. On my V2 amp I can use the knob to select the individual settings and pushing the knob lets me edit those settings. On the multi tuner, I don't have this option available... meaning there's no selected line shown "reversed" (white on black).

I reset the Multi Tuner several times and the HC-300 once and that didn't work. I have now power-cycled the Multi Tuner too... no luck.

I have now also picked the "Reset Defaults" option via the screen/knob and nothing much seems to have changed other than the two tuners going back to 88.1. =)

The System Manager doesn't let me connect to the Multi Tuner... even if I use "Add" and specify it's IP address. I assume that's because it's not configurable the way my HC-300 is.

Hmmmm... is it possible that the Multi Tuner doesn't support being assigned a static IP?

M.

Oh, I thought I had it...

Went back into System Manager and realized I hadn't attempted to connect with UDP instead of TCP... and it "appeared" to let me "Add" and then "Connect" on the DHCP-assigned IP address. Upon connection I see inputs for IP Address, Subnet and Gateway, plus a pull-down for DHCP or Static. So, I change to Static, enter the relevant IP addresses, click Apply... and...

No dice. The change doesn't actually seem to get applied. Mind you, the UDP option when adding a host says "(iPod dock)" next to it, which is why I hadn't tried this originally.

Puzzling... unless, as I pondered above, the Multi Tuner doesn't actually allow one to set a static IP. But that would be surprising, to say the least.

M.

For those following the story... I have just received a copy of the Installation Guide (if only I had received one with the tuner!) and it confirms that the front panel network settings are read-only.

1. At the main menu, choose Setup. The Settings menu displays with LCD selected (as shown).

2. Turn the Select Dial to highlight Network Info, then press the dial. The Ethernet settings display. These are view-only fields: MAC Address, IP Address, Default Gateway Configuration. The menu buttons are: ZigBee—Displays the ZigBee network settings screen. Exit—Returns to the Setup menu screen.

3. To view the ZigBee settngs, press the ZigBee button.These are view-only fields: EUID Address, Gateway Configuration, and Channel.

4. To toggle back to Ethernet, press the Ethernet button.

5. To return to the main menu, press Exit twice.

Furthermore, there is no hint of being able to choose DHCP vs. static IP.

M.

Further-furthermore, the v2 Multi Tuner Installation Guide DOES include instructions for choosing between DHCP vs. static IP assignment. So, I conclude that the v1 Multi Tuner only offers DHCP and no manual IP setup.

M.

Archived