C4 Forums | Control4

For Sale: Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 Disc Blue Ray Changer

srhamy

2 way controlled RS232 interface, so it works well with control4

<1 year old, no cosmetic or functional problems.

I'm selling it because I use my NAS/Media player much more.

asking $1500 + shipping

Please don't bother with low-ball offers. I would rather just keep it, but there's some wiggle room.

Just my 2 cents, I have one of these and love it. I have it hooked up to my theater receiver via HDMI and on my video distribution via component. I too rip things down but the ability to watch any bluray on any TV in the house is awesome. I know I don't get the video quality over component, but it still looks great. This is a great unit and a pretty good price. Integration with C4 is a snap via rs232.

I know I don't get the video quality over component' date=' but it still looks great.[/quote']

You see a noticeable difference between component and hdmi at the same resolutions on the same displays with the same source content?

I don't see a big difference. As a consumer I have been conditioned to think that HDMI will deliver a better picture. I know the Sony does 1080P over hdmi which I have connected to my projection theater, and only 1080i over component via my video storm switch.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Just my 2 cents, I have one of these and love it. I have it hooked up to my theater receiver via HDMI and on my video distribution via component. I too rip things down but the ability to watch any bluray on any TV in the house is awesome. I know I don't get the video quality over component, but it still looks great. This is a great unit and a pretty good price. Integration with C4 is a snap via rs232.

Completely off-topic, but what are you using for video distribution? I was looking at doing component video baluns that have the red and white composite audio connectors, plus a mini-DIN IR transceiver/receiver plug.

Thanks!

Just my 2 cents' date=' I have one of these and love it. I have it hooked up to my theater receiver via HDMI and on my video distribution via component. I too rip things down but the ability to watch any bluray on any TV in the house is awesome. I know I don't get the video quality over component, but it still looks great. This is a great unit and a pretty good price. Integration with C4 is a snap via rs232.[/quote']

Completely off-topic, but what are you using for video distribution? I was looking at doing component video baluns that have the red and white composite audio connectors, plus a mini-DIN IR transceiver/receiver plug.

Thanks!

I am using two videostorm 8x8 switches coneccted to C4 via rs232. They work great.

Just my 2 cents' date=' I have one of these and love it. I have it hooked up to my theater receiver via HDMI and on my video distribution via component. I too rip things down but the ability to watch any bluray on any TV in the house is awesome. I know I don't get the video quality over component, but it still looks great. This is a great unit and a pretty good price. Integration with C4 is a snap via rs232.[/quote']

Thanks!

I am using two videostorm 8x8 switches coneccted to C4 via rs232. They work great.

Never heard of these before, so I checked out their website. WOW. nice piece of kit.

You really need two of them??

On your outputs are you driving analog or digital audio?

I'm trying to remove the HTIB I have in my bedroom (second floor) and run it all from the basement through the equipment there.

The only way I thought I could do it was to attach the output of my video sources to a balun, then CAT6 for a run of about 100' then connect back up on the other end to my plasma display panel in the bedroom.

With this video switch, it looks like it wants to drive video cables for a length..

How does it work?

(thanks in advance!)

Don

Completely off-topic' date=' but what are you using for video distribution? I was looking at doing component video baluns that have the red and white composite audio connectors, plus a mini-DIN IR transceiver/receiver plug.

Thanks![/quote']

Never heard of these before, so I checked out their website. WOW. nice piece of kit.

You really need two of them??

On your outputs are you driving analog or digital audio?

I'm trying to remove the HTIB I have in my bedroom (second floor) and run it all from the basement through the equipment there.

The only way I thought I could do it was to attach the output of my video sources to a balun, then CAT6 for a run of about 100' then connect back up on the other end to my plasma display panel in the bedroom.

With this video switch, it looks like it wants to drive video cables for a length..

How does it work?

(thanks in advance!)

Don

It works great. I run both analog and digital depending on the end location (a/v receiver or just TV). I needed two of them because I have 15 TV locations throughout the house.

To anyone who has one of these or the person who bought this BDP-CX7000ES, I have the matching custom faceplate from Middle Atlantic. It's the black, brushed and anodized version if you plan to rack mount your changer.

Thanks,

Steve

To anyone who has one of these or the person who bought this BDP-CX7000ES, I have the matching custom faceplate from Middle Atlantic. It's the black, brushed and anodized version if you plan to rack mount your changer.

Thanks,

Steve

Is that the faceplate for a 19" or 17" wide rack?

What are you asking for it?

Does it fit all MA racks, or just specific models?

I am looking to sell a Sony BDP-CX7000es 400Disc Blue Ray Changer if anyone is interested. Its less 2 months old and looking for 1400.00 includes shipping to US only.

Hmmm.

I don't want to kill you on pricing, but you can get them new for 1495 and no hassle on the warranty then...

but, you are including shipping, so that's usually 100$ right there on something this heavy...

Three questions:

Is the warranty transferable?

Is there anything wrong with it?

Why are you sellling it?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived