C4 Forums | Control4

Large Touch Screen went Blank!! Won't come back!!

Does anyone know how to fix or reset a touchscreen?

The Large Touchscreen in my bedroom went blank, there is power going to it and it is on but the screen is black. It looks just like the blank scrensaver but it's not the screensaver I use.

Pushing the buttons or touching the screen doesn't wake it up, it just happened on its own yesterday.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

If that does not work.. Take the Battery out of the bottom of the TS and then unscrew the compartment on the right hand side. Remove the Flash card. Replace the Flash card and replace the battery.

There are 2 tabs on the top and bottom. Push up on the frame and the top tabs will raise then you can angle it off and push down to get the bottom tabs out. It's a booger but the frame comes off, then there's 4 screws that become exposed to loosen to remove the screen from the wall. If it's a Poe 7 inch, just pull the Ethernet at the switch to cut the power.

There are 2 tabs on the top and bottom. Push up on the frame and the top tabs will raise then you can angle it off and push down to get the bottom tabs out. It's a booger but the frame comes off, then there's 4 screws that become exposed to loosen to remove the screen from the wall. If it's a Poe 7 inch, just pull the Ethernet at the switch to cut the power.

If it is a PoE you can just disconnect it from the PoE switch or the power injector.

If it is a 120 volt / WiFi unit just cut the power by flipping the breaker.

No need to mess with pulling off the bezel and yanking the TS out of the wall.

I haven't had success with finding the correct breaker yet. This house also has a backup generator so when I cut the power to the entire house the backup generator kicks in.

Killing power to the entire house is a bit drastic. Most likely if it is powered by the lines voltage (120 volt) it is on a circuit that services the room in which it is located.

As I said if it is PoE just pull the network cable from the injector or the switch. Perhaps the person who installed it labeled the wiring.

Thanks Fellas,

I had to rip if off the wall, carefully of course. I took the cover off using the 2 tabs technique and disconnected the ethernet cable. I thought it was a wireless like the one I have in the kitchen. The thing was powered by the ethernet, I didn't know CAT5 cables had power through them.

Thanks again

Thanks Fellas,

I had to rip if off the wall, carefully of course. I took the cover off using the 2 tabs technique and disconnected the ethernet cable. I thought it was a wireless like the one I have in the kitchen. The thing was powered by the ethernet, I didn't know CAT5 cables had power through them.

Thanks again

PoE = Power over Ethernet, it is a standard to provide power over the Ethernet cable. If you can locate the other end of that cable it will be plugged into either a PoE switch or a PoE injector. If this happens again in the future you can just unplug the Ethernet at the PoE switch or PoE injector and the TS will reboot.

Archived