C4 Forums | Control4

Wake up alarm

I want to create a program where when I hit the yellow button in my bedroom, it says "wake up alarm 6" , hit again "wake up alarm 6:30" etc... and then at 6 am the lights go on at 10%, at 6;10 they go on at 30% etc...

I can program the yellow button fine with announcements with a variable to set the time.

now, how do get the light to turn on . Is there a command that will allow "if variable wakeupalarm is 1 then when it is 6:00 turn dimmer on" ?

When I set the command under the yellow button to say

if variable wakeup is 1

If time is 6:00

Turn on dimmer to 10%

If time is 6:10

turn on dimmer to 30%

it doesnt work. I guess it checks only at the time the button is pressed to see if it is 6 am and since it isnt, it doesnt do anything.

Thanks

bdo

I want to create a program where when I hit the yellow button in my bedroom, it says "wake up alarm 6" , hit again "wake up alarm 6:30" etc... and then at 6 am the lights go on at 10%, at 6;10 they go on at 30% etc...

I can program the yellow button fine with announcements with a variable to set the time.

now, how do get the light to turn on . Is there a command that will allow "if variable wakeupalarm is 1 then when it is 6:00 turn dimmer on" ?

When I set the command under the yellow button to say

if variable wakeup is 1

If time is 6:00

Turn on dimmer to 10%

If time is 6:10

turn on dimmer to 30%

it doesnt work. I guess it checks only at the time the button is pressed to see if it is 6 am and since it isnt, it doesnt do anything.

Thanks

bdo

I love the concept. I will try it.

Create scheduled events for every scenario, then check the variable at that level.

Does that make sense?

Yes I think so. You are saying, make a scheduler event at 600am that says

IF Wakeupvariable is equal to 1

turn on dimmer to 10%

So at 6am it will check it.

Man, this is going to be labor intensive! as I have the button cycling to turn on the alarm and my 'new' wake up alarm is to make the lights into one of those gradual light alarm clocks that turn on at 10% at 60 minutes before you wake up, 20% at 50 min etc... This is supposed to make your wakeup less difficult.

I have the yellow button set that you can set the "1 hours" before time by hitting the button and cycling through wake up times of 6, 6:30, 7, 7:30 or 8 am.

That's 5 sets of nesting equations to program!!

You could always use the wake up agent.

I never said it would be quick and easy, but this isn't tough. After you create the scheduled events, you can simply copy and paste the programming, the only you will need to create is the conditional line for the variable.

I never said it would be quick and easy, but this isn't tough. After you create the scheduled events, you can simply copy and paste the programming, the only you will need to create is the conditional line for the variable.

Need some help with this one. What is a wake up agent?

Wake up agent is just what the name implies, as you can create different wake up scenes, time related to turn on music, tv, lights, etc. when you wake for the morning. I don't think it is an available feature you can program in Composer HE though.

I have the yellow button set to play an announcement "wake up alarm set to 6am". If I hit it again, it ups the "time" variable to 2 and plays "wake up alarm set to 6:30am".

The problem is that before the announcement it plays this little bit of music...anyone know why it would do that? Is there a connection from my 8 zone amp that is screwed up?

BDO

Is there a connection from my 8 zone amp that is screwed up?

BDO

Now how can I possibly answer that question? LOL

You're right. I'm sorry.

Let me re-phrase that: what could be the possibilities that everytime an announcement executes in the one room there is a short segment of music that plays (it is a rhapsody channel playing because it's always different) before the announcement goes off.

The only source to the overhead speakers in the room is a Control4 8 channel amp

The audio endpoint 1 and volume 1 go to the overhead speakers with analog hookup.

The video endpoint 1 and volume go to a soundbar with a digital hookup.

Thanks

Archived