C4 Forums | Control4

Temperature & card acess

bertrandG

You want programming to execute on every temperate change? That's probably not a real good idea. I would only have the programming execute if it goes above or below a certain point.

It works as feedback in programming for a T-Stat. I even built-in a deadband. I had to do this when I first had issues with a funky-acting C4 T-Stat.

I have a similar need - I want to have the temperature from the Card Access devices be displayed on the screen savers of the UI. Unfortunately.. after adding them to the system, etc, they don't show up as temperature sources to set to the room's ROOM CONTROL Temperature connection. The only thing that shows up are the two real C4 thermostats. Any ideas on how to access the temperature variable and have it connect in a given room?

I can program an announcement based on the variable change, but that is pretty ugly. What I reallly want is it to show up on the screen savers.

Any ideas? Thanks..

I have a similar need - I want to have the temperature from the Card Access devices be displayed on the screen savers of the UI. Unfortunately.. after adding them to the system, etc, they don't show up as temperature sources to set to the room's ROOM CONTROL Temperature connection. The only thing that shows up are the two real C4 thermostats. Any ideas on how to access the temperature variable and have it connect in a given room?

I can program an announcement based on the variable change, but that is pretty ugly. What I reallly want is it to show up on the screen savers.

Any ideas? Thanks..

I had my dealer add a 'virtual' tstat in my 'garage'. This pulls the temp from the card access piece.

However it only shows up under the garage. Hopefully with 2.0 we will have more flexibilty with what shows up on the screen saver.

^^This has been discussed in this forum. I am not a dealer but I think I'm correct in saying it is not a function of pre-2.0 systems. Announcements is about the closest utility and as you stated could be ugly. I have only used the variable in programming- not displaying. Curious why you don't just install the remote thermistor on a C4 stat and display that?

It is true that you need to have a virtual thermostat added to your system. Then with programming you can tell the "virtual" thermostat tied to the card access product.

There is now a driver that will show multiple thermostats on one page, even in pre 1.8 systems. But you need your dealer to install the virtual T-stat and install the driver for multiple T=stats

i have used remote temperature of my card access unit to tell my pool filter when to turn on and off in winter (we keep the pool uncovered so we want filter to run to keep from freezing etc)...i dont have the programming here but will post asap. hope thats what along the lines of what youre looking for

shane

Archived