C4 Forums | Control4

For Sale: Sony Grand WEGA KDS-60A2000 60-Inch SXRD 1080p Rear Projecti

spugh

I have a Sony Grand WEGA KDS-60A2000 60-Inch SXRD 1080p Rear Projection HDTV still in the box for sale. I found a good deal on it and planned to use it in a dedicated home theater along with a screen and projector. That's been put on hold until I get the Control4 and video distribution installed and set up.

This TV is one of those TVs that Sony retailed at $3,000+. I'm asking $1200. Don't have a lot of wiggle room on that based on what I paid for it and being unsure how (and how much it will cost) to ship it.

Details:

60" widescreen HDTV (16:9 aspect ratio)

built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required)

built-in QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)

1080p 3-SXRD light engine (1920 x 1080 pixels)

2.5-millisecond pixel response time

130°(H) x 60°(V) viewing angle

adjustable/dynamic Advanced Iris for improved contrast and black level

10,000:1 contrast ratio

Wega Engine™ digital video processing

adjustable DRC MultiFunction v1 (upconverts lower-quality video signals)

built-in stereo speakers (12 watts x 2)

multibrand remote control

picture settings memory for each video input

7 A/V inputs, including:

3 composite video (2 rear, 1 front)

1 S-video

3 component video (2 rear, 1 front) — accepts signals up to 1080i

2 HDMI digital audio/video inputs (accepts signals up to 1080p)

PC input: analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin)

2 RF inputs for antenna/cable signals

optical digital audio output for Dolby® Digital

Energy Star® compliant

55-5/8"W x 38-7/8"H x 18-7/8"D (pedestal is 37-5/8"W x 16-1/2"D)

weight: 94.8 lbs.

Thanks,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the TV is sold. I also had it listed on Amazon.com and someone purchased it yesterday. Now just have to figure out how to ship this monster without breaking the bank. Found something interesting while researching last night. Did you guys have any clue that you can ship items (even large ones up to 100lbs) on Greyhound buses? They have a PackageXpress service that competes with FedEx Ground and UPS Ground. There's even a website: www.busfreighter.com that will allow more than terminal-to-terminal. I guess they have local couriers that will bridge the gap and allow door-to-door, door-to-terminal, or terminal-to-door in addition to the direct router of terminal-to-terminal through Greyhound PackageXpress. Nashville, TN to Holly, Michigan (near Flint) takes around 13 hours and will cost about $120 for terminal-to-door. It would be just over a 100 bucks for terminal-to-terminal.

Who knew?!? Just a little bit of info for you guys in case it ever proves useful. I personally had no idea this was even an option...

Steve

Sure thing... I had it listed on Amazon for the same price as I was asking on here, $1200. The only other one currently listed in 60" is a used one for $1500. I'm pretty sure I remember that there was another new one posted at something like $1299 when I listed mine, so I undercut the price to sell. Looks like the other new one sold at some point though. U might want to check on what the 55" might sell for used there. Typically, you get a better price on Amazon than Ebay or Craigslist. Definitely check out the Greyhound PackageXpress option if you end up selling yours. I bet the 55" would be borderline on the FedEx Ground size limits.

Steve

Sure thing... I had it listed on Amazon for the same price as I was asking on here, $1200. The only other one currently listed in 60" is a used one for $1500. I'm pretty sure I remember that there was another new one posted at something like $1299 when I listed mine, so I undercut the price to sell. Looks like the other new one sold at some point though. U might want to check on what the 55" might sell for used there. Typically, you get a better price on Amazon than Ebay or Craigslist. Definitely check out the Greyhound PackageXpress option if you end up selling yours. I bet the 55" would be borderline on the FedEx Ground size limits.

Steve

I'll check that out. Apparently I am behind the times, I didn't realize you could sell on Amazon, I thought it was only for businesses that had merchant accounts with them...

Yep, still have it but I sold my street-car performance business some time ago before I built the house. Now Control4 seems to absorb most of small available sparetime. The Supra is starting to look "old" but the power is unbeatable.

Yep, still have it but I sold my street-car performance business some time ago before I built the house. Now Control4 seems to absorb most of small available sparetime. The Supra is starting to look "old" but the power is unbeatable.

A well built turbo is amazing. I had a 335i as my commuter, but due to economic challenges I have decided to get a real commuter, not a $50k sports sedan. I still have my Dinan 2007 M5 though...I'll never get rid of that baby. I need to get it on the dyno...I'm sure the power is nowhere near that turbo Supra, but I'm pretty sure it is sitting around 640. I absolutely love that V10...

Archived