C4 Forums | Control4

**Update**Composer HE Price Help

Pcb2122

Could someone please tell me the pricing for the Composer HE Software? From what I can find it seems to be $149, but my dealer is insisting it is $800, and telling me anyone who sells it for $149 is selling "illegal unsupported copies". I have had issues in the past with pricing from this dealer, and would appreciate any help.

**UPDATE**

Thank you to all that replied, as it was very helpful and after showing him this post the price "Magically" came down to $149. His claim was that C4 must have changed their pricing sheets since he last looked. I may need help again in the future as I have a few more items that will be needed. Thanks again.

Sounds to me like time to call a new dealer. $800 is simply insane. I can tell you that he has a healthy percentage of profit selling it at $149, which as Alan (a good, reputable dealer) has already confirmed is MSRP and includes a one year 4sight subscription.

Yes, nearly everyone pays only this. I doubt the legitimacy of the original post.

You question the legitimacy of my post, why because it is an outrageous price, or because you think I had nothing better to do than make a question up out of the blue about home automation software. If it's the first I hate to say it, but yes my C4 dealer in fact most definitely told me that to purchase the HE software it would cost me $800 and that is the very reason I came to this forum and asked the question, because it sounded that outrageous.

Could someone please tell me the pricing for the Composer HE Software? From what I can find it seems to be $149, but my dealer is insisting it is $800, and telling me anyone who sells it for $149 is selling "illegal unsupported copies". I have had issues in the past with pricing from this dealer, and would appreciate any help.

**UPDATE**

Thank you to all that replied, as it was very helpful and after showing him this post the price "Magically" came down to $149. His claim was that C4 must have changed their pricing sheets since he last looked. I may need help again in the future as I have a few more items that will be needed. Thanks again.

Here is "a" price-

http://shophhts.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=65

Hey, back of the guy.

He is not in America, and there are definately import export taxes to different countries

Just ask Australians.

So I beleive him when he says his quote.

I do think it is too much

But I don't know

**UPDATE**

you should definitely get in touch with control 4 about this, guy sounds like a scam artist

Do you have to buy a new copy in order to update the version of ComposerHE? I am on 1.7.1. Can't figure out how to upgrade.

The license for Composer HE is perpetual and includes updates. You dealer should be giving you the link to download a new version when he upgrades your system. One thing to note is that the 4Sight license included with Composer HE is only for one year so you would need to renew 4Sight each year.

Archived