C4 Forums | Control4

Netflix announces streaming to Nintendo WII game console

spugh

That would be nice, but considering I can stream Netflix from my home theater PC, either of 2 Series3 HD Tivos, Playstation3, XBox 360, Wii, Dune HD player, iPad, etc. I think I have enough sources to get online content from them, lol.

Steve

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
How can you stream netflix from iPad to the control4? Thanks so much!

This youtube video shows you how to watch video out of the iPad. VGA out of the iPad to an HDMI converter. Won't work for all content but it might do the trick for you. Might not work for NetFlix.

This youtube video shows you how to watch video out of the iPad. VGA out of the iPad to an HDMI converter. Won't work for all content but it might do the trick for you. Might not work for NetFlix.

Wow. This is exactly what i want to do on an "touchscreen" 21 inch imac. This is hot. Because you've also got Control4 and other "control" right there on the ipad..Mounted in the proper doc/stand..:) . But where it might break down is the video handling of large streams as you point out henniae..The audio side is going to be limited as well..

with 4.2 and Airplay you can stream media from ipad to AppleTV v2 or other Airplay capable devices. this will be available sometime in november. You may or may not be able to stream Netflix. currently in the beta you can do this but netflix could disable this feature. of course if you had the appletv v2 you could just get netflix on the screen with the ATV. Control 4 has nothing to do with any of these options other than you could use it to control switching to the correct inputs.

with 4.2 and Airplay you can stream media from ipad to AppleTV v2 or other Airplay capable devices. this will be available sometime in november. You may or may not be able to stream Netflix. currently in the beta you can do this but netflix could disable this feature. of course if you had the appletv v2 you could just get netflix on the screen with the ATV. Control 4 has nothing to do with any of these options other than you could use it to control switching to the correct inputs.

Who would have thought.. another proprietary/closed system from apple.

Airplay is available as a somewhat open protocol. I'm not sure the requirements but anyone can put it in their hardware now. Denon even put audio capabilities in some of their current models with a firmware update. Netflix would decide if it could be streamed to an appletv or not.

Airplay is available as a somewhat open protocol. I'm not sure the requirements but anyone can put it in their hardware now. Denon even put audio capabilities in some of their current models with a firmware update. Netflix would decide if it could be streamed to an appletv or not.

It is either an open protocol free to anyone to use or a closed protocol. Somewhat open might not count.

Who owns AirPlay????

Archived