C4 Forums | Control4

Polk XM Tuner

THEBOZ

I had to install a Polk XM tuner into a customers house because C4 is not releasing theirs anytime soon, or ever it seems. I hooked it up RS-232, but using the system remote it only controls recall (previous station) and one more function. The navigator on the touch screens do not do anything. Would I be better off using IR and if so would the customer be able to use Direct Access to stations if I create Macros under a custom button tab. Or should the RS-232 to more than what it is controlling. Right now the customer has to walk to their rack across there 9,000 sq ft house to change stations, pretty sad. Maybe I am doing something wrong, if so let me know and any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BOZ

We installed one of those today as well. I haven't gotten up to the step where you are at. I would love feedback on the Displays as to what stations are one. We are however anticipating to program presets into it and that is the functionality we will maintain at the present time.

Dan

I'll check with my tech tomorrow but we just put a system in this week with an existing Polk XM tuner. I do know we're using the IR driver and we get discrete channel selection.

Funny I was telling him about the RS232 driver that it might give us status of what station it's on, but after reading your post I'll definitely check the serial driver out thoroughly first.

Archived