C4 Forums | Control4

Unbalanced audio from MC

rlstephens

Just setup a new Multi-Channel Amp and plugged my media controller's stereo 2 and 3 outputs into the amp. I can queue music up but the balance is way off...one speaker is at least 50% lower than the other.

I tested the speakers by plugging in directly at the amp, and it's not that...it's definitely the output level.

I've tried different amp ports...same thing.

I also have a cable box and 777 dvd plugged into the amp, and they are fine.

Any ideas? I read that the MC has a volume of it's own? can't see where that would be.

Robert

If you open up the emulator on the 16 channel amp, you will see the settings for bass, treble, volume and Balance. I often see my channels getting a little lost in the sauce. For some reason, i'll find them at 74 or something odd. Set them all to 50 percent.

It's probably in the amplifier, like Ryan said. DOuble click on the amp in Composer, you'll see a button labeled "volume" on the upper left. Check the settings for each output. We do this on every job, along with a programming script that sets the output to 50 when "room current device changes". This keeps the amp volume levels somewhat under control and you don't have to worry about the amp coming on 100% or being so low that you can't hear it and then have to push the volume control 300 times to get it to an audible level.

Thanks guys...

I've been round and round with the Amp...pretty sure the levels are good...in fact that's where is set the balance to 0 and 100 to determine the difference in volume.

I'll set the MC as the end point and check that tonight. When I do, should I see a virtual remote for it (double clicking the MC in Composer) or will I just be able to use the volume adjustments? Curious if there's a balance control...

Robert

Archived