C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE issue after installing iPad driver

scthomp4267

Hi.

My C4 installer installed the driver for my iPad, but when I bring up Composer HE I get an error that the iPad driver failed to initialize. I reported the issue to my installer and he suggested that I uninstall the Composer HE 1.7.4, and suggested that I reinstall using Composer HE 1.7.4.36. I installed the updated version but am still getting the same error. So, my C4 installer is at a loss for how to fix. The error doesn't seem to cause any issues and I'm able to control my C4 system with the iPad without issue.

Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so can it be resolved? Will I run into any system issues if I leave it alone and live with the error?

Thanks!

I recreated the same error you are getting. Are you running 64 bit windows 7 or vista? I know there were some issues getting the patch to load with these systems that have been resolved, but I don't see anything about this particular error.

• 4 weeks later...

When I load ComposerHE I get the same error message. I am running windows vista 32bit.

My iPad connects fine but I can't view any of my media. If I use a different remote to start music playing I can see the playlist on the iPad, change songs, etc… But I can only view what is in the current que. I can’t see other playlist, search for music, etc… It’s very strange.

Any suggestions?

Archived