C4 Forums | Control4

Radioshack wireless IR extender

AJ_

I have a Verizon HD DVR that is integrated into my Control4 system. I use the additional output on this DVR to watch TV in my Gym area of the house using a regular coax cable. I setup a RadioShack wireless IR extender to switch channels when I am in the gym. The IR extender works fine but with the IR bug from Control4 AND the IR transmitter from Radioshack, the end result is that the Control4 remote fails.

The control4 bug is stuck on the DVR. The Radioshack transmitter is the triangular device that simply sits in front of the DVR. Any commands to the DVR don't seem to register while the Radioshack IR transmitter is there. The moment it is removed, the C4 remote is fine.

This used to work fine while I was with Direct TV. Once I switched to Verizon, I seem to be having this issue. Any ideas?

Abhijit

So I guess he is saying that he only uses the extender while in the gym else he's on the SR150/250. To use the SR, he has to disable the RS unit which is kind of a pain if he forgets. Do I have this right?

So I guess he is saying that he only uses the extender while in the gym else he's on the SR150/250. To use the SR, he has to disable the RS unit which is kind of a pain if he forgets. Do I have this right?

I think so. I say just use an SR-250 or SR-150 in the gym.

Sorry for incomplete info here guys!

The DVR is the source to both the master bedroom (component) and the gym (coax). In the master bedroom, I use the SR-250 and in the gym, the Verizon remote over the radioshack extender. I guess if I simply take the SR-250 down 2 levels to the gym, it will solve the issue but who's gonna explain this to my wife :)

The radioshack extender is causing some interference obviously and come to think of it, this is really the wrong place to ask what the issue may be because most people here wouldn't use this setup. I think I'll simply get a SR-150 remote added to the master bedroom and keep it in the gym.

Thanks anyway,

Abhijit

Q - Any idea if this remote will work with my system. I have been upgraded to 1.8.2 now.

Control4 RCZ-SRC1-B

Archived