C4 Forums | Control4

Using the "Should I buy an iPad" flowchart to help me decide...

NkySpike65

I got a pretty good chuckle out of that.

Personally, I wouldn't buy one. I bought one for my wife because she really wanted one, she says she will use it to read books. Good for her, I hope she does. I got the iPad Control4 app, and it's pretty cool. I've used it a few times for music selection and what not, it will be better once it supports Rhapsody. The thing about it is that while it's cool, it is pretty useless; at least for me. You can use it to browse the web and Control the house, but my phone, laptop and desktop can browse the web, and there are easier ways to control the house.

The WOW factor is there when guests come over, and like I said...it is pretty cool. Just don't convince yourself that you'll use it for all these grandious things...

I am on the same page as "ILoveC4", I have one and can't wait for the final version with Rhapsody support. My wife uses it to read books and we search the internet some. It will be useful when fantasy football arrives to keep up with the scores when we are watching games at a bar. My reasoning was we play the name the music game all the time during parties while sitting out by the fire. The iPhone app works fine, but the bigger screen would help. My logic, $1,500 for C4's 7" wireless remote (my friend's has wifi issues) or spend $1,000 for the 64gb (3gs) model with the app - no brainer for me to buy the iPad.

• 1 month later...

I must be rich - I have laptops and we bought 2 ipads... I don't use it for Control 4, but that's mainly because I have been traveling... If I decided to load Control4 on my ipad, do we need to buy an app for every device? my wife has an iphone, I am getting one in a few months, and we each have an ipad (Nope I don't work for apple... I work for "The Telco")

Thoughts?

Archived