C4 Forums | Control4

2 way integration with my movies plugin.

eytanvestin

I use My Movies to manage a customer's movie collection with Niveus - this populates Niveus' movie library for the titles not obtained through Niveus' service. Also, Dune supports My Movies. Presently, a two-way driver doing what you describe is in process - a one way driver allowing you to use Niveus' cover art view exists today.

• 4 weeks later...
Niveus is in process. Dune's firmware isn't complete. PCH is one way. XBMC, Netgear, Fusion, and C4's media player all have two-way control.

I'm still interested in Niveus. I well understand these things take time, but any more clues or hints? ;)

Also what happened to all the hype around that Philips media player project? Seems so long ago, even forgotten its name. What was it called again? Like Dog vs Human years. Once you start forgetting the brand name of tech gear, you know a couple of months in 'tech development' time equals a couple of years in real time...:)

Does anyone know if there's going to be a driver for the my movies plugin for windows media center? Alternatively, what's the current situation with niveus? I'm assuming you need their hardware to run niveus media center and that it can't just be added to a standard w7 media pc?

Does anyone know if there's going to be a driver for the my movies plugin for windows media center?

No idea. We aren't working on it, I'm not aware of anyone else that is.

Alternatively, what's the current situation with niveus?

One way IP control is fantastic. Bring your own ripped media but only if in a compatible format or start new by ripping through Niveus or use a service/do it yourself to get in their formats. Two-way will be done when we have time again to work on the driver - this will allow you to select movies from the coverart screen in Control4.

I'm assuming you need their hardware to run niveus media center and that it can't just be added to a standard w7 media pc?

Yes, you need their boxes since they don't license it seperately.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived