C4 Forums | Control4

channel List

Paddy

I don't completely understand what you mean with that question.

Sorry.

I guess what I would like is for my 4 year old daughter to come down stairs and push one button on the keypad and it will turn on the tv and let her click it six times, making the TV iterate through the 6 kid/cartoon stations only, from each push, is something like that possible?

Yeah that should be easy to do:

On button press

If room is off

Set Video source = Cable/Satellite

Set channel = A

Stop

If Video source is NOT = Cable/Satellite

Set Video source = Cable/Satellite

Set channel = A

Stop

If Channel = A

Set channel = B

Stop

If Channel = B

Set channel = C

Stop

If Channel = C

Set channel = D

Stop

If Channel = D

Set channel = A

Stop

Set channel = A

Programming above basically ensures that if the room is off or if the video source is incorrect then the button press will change the TV source to the cable/satellite and set the 1st channel. The last line ensures that if the TV is already on but is not on one of your set 'kids' channels then a single button press will change it to the first channel in the sequence.

Assuming no 2 way communication with the cable box, how does C4 know what channel is on? The reason I ask is that I would like to set something similar up like this for our pool area and XM radio channels running off zone3 of a Denon ir controlled receiver.

Thanks.

Oh good point, completely forgot about that. So rather than what I put up there you would need to create a variable that increments and change the channel based on the value of the variable.

So for example,

Create a variable ChannelNumber, initial value 0

On button press

If Video source is NOT = Cable/Satellite <OPTIONAL>

Set Video source = Cable/Satellite <OPTIONAL>

Var ChannelNumber + 1

------------------------------------------

When Room Off is pressed <OPTIONAL>

Var Channel Number = 0 <OPTIONAL>

-------------------------------------------

When var ChannelNumber changes

If ChannelNumber = 1

Set channel = A

If ChannelNumber = 2

Set channel = B

If ChannelNumber = 3

Set ChannelNumber = 1

So to add to this channel question my dealer programmed my living room remote to have a channel list in the TV menu on the sr-250 but when I am using the other TV in the Garage there are no channels in the list can I correct this with Composer HE?

The way I'm thinking about this it's not really important to track what channel the TV is on, rather it's just a way to give your kids a way to select the channesl they're permitted to watch. So...

1st- create a number variable- we'll call it Kids TV

2nd- select the button you want to use for the kids to use to change channel. Using HE have the button add 1 to the Kids TV variable

3rd- program Kids TV variable as follows:

If =1

Select channel A

If =2

Select channel B

If =3

Select channel C

If =4

Select channel D

If =5

Select channel E

If =6

Select Channel F

Set variable to 0

The net effect here is that the kids can select their TV channels with the button at any time and the TV will scroll through their channels.

Thats essentially what I did in my above post, except I also added the functionality of turning the TV etc on if it was off with the same button, and setting the source to Satellite if it is not already on satellite but the TV is already on.

• 2 months later...

I think the variable would be nice. I'd program the button press to say select the Satellite/Cable as the source if it is already it won't mess anything up. If it is not the source it will turn the system on to that source.

The number variable is the best solution for this I believe also. If you have questions doing this let me know it is pretty simple and I'd be willing to help.

Thanks

and have fun.

Adding TV stations to the Garage TV,

Just realized I forgot to address this.

Try adding another Cable Cloud to your project and bind it to the cable box that is running the TV.

using composer try the search / Control4 and look for the Cable channel driver not the cable box.

Good Luck

Archived