C4 Forums | Control4

4sight flash version

tebery

4sight has a Flash version online today with the new interface!

Sweet!!

Edit:

scroll all the way to the bottom of a page and in the bottom left corner it says ' Flash Version'

I wonder if that is an indication of something happening soon????? :D

4sight has a Flash version online today with the new interface!

Sweet!!

Edit:

scroll all the way to the bottom of a page and in the bottom left corner it says ' Flash Version'

I wonder if that is an indication of something happening soon????? :D

What, like 2.0 being a buggy piece of code?

I just sat down at my PC in my office and figured I'd use the new "Flash Navigator" on 4Sight to get some tunes going. Unfortunately, Rhapsody doesn't show up. I tried to play music out of my library and that didn't work either.

My advice, for now don't waste your time with the new "Flash Navigator" on 4Sight...it is really buggy and doesn't seem to work well...it is a move in the right direction though.

Looks like no lights, no lighting scenes, no playlist and no cover art. That's probably why the Flash Navigator link was hiding :)

Yeah...it's pretty "half baked" at this point in time. A little disappointing, but they've had a lot on the plate lately.

One of the control4 members, can't remember who said that the flash 4sight wouldn't 100% work if you aren't on 2.0 and you should continue to use html. I'm on 2.0 and lights/lighting scenes/movie coverart all work for me on 4sight flash.

I log onto the navigator remotely and it automatically loads the flash version with an option for the html in the lower right corner. Everything works great! Lighting scenes, cover art, thermostats etc. Seems very fast. I think Control4 is continuing to make changes since the release. So far I'm extremely happy with 2.0.

So I was sitting at my desk in my home office just now, listening to some music and I thought I would try the flash navigator out. I use a 6-button keypad in a tabletop kit in this room because I don't have a TV or SR-250 in here. Anyways, I noticed the music tab at the bottom showing what song was playing, etc... and I that was encouraging. I then hit the "Volume -" once and the volume went from 38 down to 6...one click. So I clicked the "Volume +" and it went up incrementally by 1 every click. It hit "Volume -" again and it went down to 1. The next time I hit "Volume +" it went up to 54! WTF?!?

I like the idea of the flash navigator, I just wish they could get it right. The whole time it was acting whacky I was able to control the volume like always with two of the buttons on my six button keypad. I think for now I'll stick with old reliable...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived