C4 Forums | Control4

Progamming help

I have a new three button keypad and would like to set up some programming for easy entry / exit to the house. So, here are my questions:

Button 1 -- I would like to be able to turn off the house by pressing this button. In programming, there is not an option for house off, so do I need to go to each room and drop a line of programming in for that particular room?

Button 2 -- I would like to be able to set the alarm when I leave the house. I have a GE Concord 4 with the automation module. Do I need just to add a programming line for arm to away or do I need to add arm to away and then the alarm code?

Button 3 -- I would like to be able to disarm the alarm with this button. To make sure someone can't just turn off the alarm, I want to program it for a hold (i.e. 5 seconds) then to disarm. Same question on the disarm, do I need to just program disarm or do I need to add programming for the code entry?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

David

I have a new three button keypad and would like to set up some programming for easy entry / exit to the house. So, here are my questions:

Button 1 -- I would like to be able to turn off the house by pressing this button. In programming, there is not an option for house off, so do I need to go to each room and drop a line of programming in for that particular room?

That is exactly what you have to do.

Button 2 -- I would like to be able to set the alarm when I leave the house. I have a GE Concord 4 with the automation module. Do I need just to add a programming line for arm to away or do I need to add arm to away and then the alarm code?

You can arm to away.

Button 3 -- I would like to be able to disarm the alarm with this button. To make sure someone can't just turn off the alarm, I want to program it for a hold (i.e. 5 seconds) then to disarm. Same question on the disarm, do I need to just program disarm or do I need to add programming for the code entry?

You would need to program in the code. This is not secure. I would advise against it.

Also to add to button one. By adding the line turn living room off you are only turning off the A/V for that room. If you have lights/fans, I would create a lighting scene which turns off all loads. Then add a line to button one to execute the lighting scene.

Archived