C4 Forums | Control4

XM Polk Serial Control

Taylor

Has anyone successfully set up a Polk Xrt12 XM Radio Tuner and gotten Serial control with it? I've got it set up and connected as what I think is normal serial connection. Am I missing an important step somewhere?

Awesome!!! I just got excited. I called Polk and asked them for the RS232 codes for the Xrt12. The guy directed me to their installer website (www.polkaudio.com/xmguide) I'm not sure if they would like me to put out the username/pass on this public area but I'll post it in the dealers only area. Anyway, here's the pdf of the manual. C4 put in the wrong codes for the serial driver in their system. I'm working on the new driver right now and I'll post it in the file area. I'll also get ahold of control 4 to tell them that it's incorrect.

Also, something very cool too is that it has a GET CHANNEL INFO and GET SONG INFO comands via ASCII. This would be awesome for the people getting the developer's software (if anyone is) and put it up for C4. I'd do it if I could get ahold of the software. Anyway, problem solved and here's the PDF.

Well, I've been messing with this a little bit and I see where C4 was trying to go with this. They still had it incorrect, but it is very difficult to set up. They've got a macro for channel selection, even though they have it set up wrong. I haven't quite figured out how to fix it yet. Anyone else willing to help me with this?

Hey Taylor, We just setup one of these... I'm totally down to help you with this... Unfortunately we are having a big problem with a Video Matrix / Audio Matrix combo which needs immediate attention.

When I get back to the XM i'll take a look at this.

Dan

I'm actually currently working on a lighting system, so I'm busy too. Let me know when you want to do this. I understand what they are trying to do, but I'm not sure I understand the commands they are using.

• 1 month later...

Archived