C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmers, Keypads & Zigbee Pro

SuperSpiker

I'm going to be adding lighting to my C4 system very soon. But before I purchase the wrong items I thought I'd check with the forum.

First I'd like to make sure my understanding is correct.

If I have (traditional) 3-way switches at the top and bottom of my stairs which control 1 light I would need to replace them with a C4 dimmer and a 2-6 button keypad. Correct?

Also I understand there are different versions of the dimmers and keypads. How do I know which ones to buy? I've got a HC-300 which is running 2.0 and as such I'd like to ensure I buy the latest versions of the dimmers/keypads. What are or where can I find the model numbers of the current Zigbee pro dimmers/keypads?

If I have (traditional) 3-way switches at the top and bottom of my stairs which control 1 light I would need to replace them with a C4 dimmer and a 2-6 button keypad. Correct?

This is correct. You need 1 dimmer and a 2, 3 or 6 button keypad

Also I understand there are different versions of the dimmers and keypads. How do I know which ones to buy? I've got a HC-300 which is running 2.0 and as such I'd like to ensure I buy the latest versions of the dimmers/keypads. What are or where can I find the model numbers of the current Zigbee pro dimmers/keypads?

I would make sure you get the ZigBee Pro versions. For exqmple the dimmer is C4-DIM1-Z. See http://www.control4.com/products/lighting/. The older dimmers can be upgraded to ZigBee Pro but the new models have better feel and more memory and a slightly faster processor.

Archived