C4 Forums | Control4

Zone programming

Paddy

If you have 4 or 5 zones in your house.

Has anyone programmed a way to choose a rhapsody channel or music source and activate say 3 zones with one press with volume levels etc.. I find myself doing the add zone all the time

I think it would be great to have "music scenes" that work like "lighting scenes"

has anyone done something like this from a GUI interface please explain?

I do this all the time with media scenes. If it isn't showing up under the agents tab, click the add button and add the media scenes agent to your project. Just remember to have programming deactivate the media scene when the room turns off...

Okay I got the media scene working, pretty straightforward, I used a custom button, so I can now turn on the three zones, with different volume levels. Now i need to select a rhapsody Channel to play on all three zones, and be control it from the on off custom button.

It is not so straightforward on how to actually play something once you have activated a scene.

It seems that Media must be associated with a room, in order to script it?

how can I program it so that the channel plays in all three rooms regardless

A DIY example here would be appreciated

The media scenes puts all those rooms in sync. If you have a form of media playing in one room and you activate a media scene that involves that room, every room will play that same media (so long as it's available to that room).

I'd love to do a write-up on this, it may be a while though. Those write-ups take a while and I am having a harder and harder time finding an hour to sit down and grind it out.

Archived