C4 Forums | Control4

How do I turn off lights after 15min automatically?

sacmk

Sorry, I keep asking silly questions, I'm still getting used to the Composer Programming...

I want to program the bathroom lights to turn off automatically 15 min after they are turned on.

How do I do this?

Thanks

Go to agents and create a timer called bathroom lights or something like that and tell it to last 15 minutes. Then on programming to the left go to your light switch, below it select "when light level changes" To the right go to the same switch. Put in a conditional that says "If light is on" and move that to the middle. Then on the right scroll down to your new timer. Select "Reset bathroom light timer", make sure you drag this code on top of the question mark from the if light is on code to make it indent underneath it. Now on the left go all the way down to the timer, choose when bathroom light timer expires. Then on the right go to the light switch and tell it to turn light off and put that code in the middle. You can group a bunch of lights in this timer or do them all individually, that's up to you. You will have to tell each switch to reset timer though.

Thanks for your help! I was following your steps, but I got lost at this point:

“Now on the left go all the way down to the timer, choose when bathroom light timer expires”

The bathroom timer exp has 3 options, which one works best in this case?

When timer expires, has been started, stopped,?

Also, I tried when the timer expiring when it starts, and noticed that some lights turned off after a while and some turned on and off after 1 second. Any idea of why this is happening?

okay... I fixed that part... but I still have some lights turning OFF one second after I turn them ON... can you think of a reason?

(In case that helps... when I set up the timer - under agent- I clicked on repeating and interval 20min and I clicked restart)

Archived