C4 Forums | Control4

For Sale: Netgear 9100 Digital Entertainer Express Media Player

srhamy

Item is sold.

Warning Anti-C4 Rant.....

Most of the C4 experience is great. Plenty of wow factor when I show off the circle of power, and everything it can do. On the other hand, what happened with media management. I am embaressed to show it. I hoped 2.0 would fix it, but I hear it's not much better. No Hi res coverart. Fonts too small, labels cut off, screens slow to respond as you move around. All coverart is loaded and mysteriously and next time I access - some are missing. No filtering ability, No parental Controls. Come on....Its not that hard. This was a big part of why I am selling the Netgear. The other part is that I could not maintain a network connection with my Drobo NAS. Rather that buy another NAS or plug in directly, I decide to go for a integrated Server/Player (Fusion Studio Media Server).

2.0 movie navigation is pretty lousy. It's very slow, using the number keys on the SR-250 to skip to a letter no longer works AND page down skips over about 600 movies (goes from builders or A all the way down to S).

I'd do what you did on a heartbeat if I didn't have a mix of digital media and physical discs in changers...

2.0 movie navigation is pretty lousy. It's very slow, using the number keys on the SR-250 to skip to a letter no longer works AND page down skips over about 600 movies (goes from builders or A all the way down to S).

This will be fixed on the next release.

Archived