C4 Forums | Control4

Infinity Edge New TS

tumult

I would also like to place 2 of these outside. I noticed you can interface into CCTV cameras with these as well....

As you can tell, I'm a rookie in allot of this and need soem guidance.....

thanks,

I don't recommend placing these outside, even if they are in a completely weather proof spot, you need to consider that anyone can walk up to one and potentially control your entire home (not to mention steal it).

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone post the availability (timeframe) for white 5" and 7" TS's

Also the MTS converter back box.

Are the black 5 and 7" shipping?

Black is expected to ship starting at the first of September 2010' date=' and White shortly after that.

No ETA yet on the adapter pieces...

http://c4central.com/2010/08/10/new-infinityedge-touchscreens-lower-prices-intercom-oh-my/[/quote']

Any update on availibility?

Dealers with orders in early for the 7 inch black should start seeing them any day now. They started shipping in small quantity yesterday. The white 7 and the 5 inches have not shipped and know dates for the 5 have been announced yet.

• 6 months later...
One thing that I wish Manufacturer's (and in this case Control4) would get that Apple just about all the time nails on the head is Design. I know the touchpanels are only raised about 1/2" from the wall mount (and I love the fact that the mounting bracket is the same for either size) but not having it flush mounted to a wall is another reason to possibly stick with ipads throughout home (besides the new functionality of intercom etc...that the 4store will provide). When I first read 'infinity edge' I thought about how seamlessly it would integrate on the wall etc., but the pictures show otherwise. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions before actually seeing one, but in a hallway where people go back and forth, having it flush mount versus protrude is a big deal....just don't get why they don't 'get' it!

Just my 2 cents! Great product though (thanks for the hard buttons too)!

wouldn't be able to swap the 7" and 5" if the screen was flush mounted. that doesn't mean you can't flush mount them though. it would just require a little handy work. i personally love the ability to swap out the different sizes through out the house.

The other reason they're not flush mount (besides the swappability with the 7" and 5") is that the speakers and microphone for the intercom functionality is behind the screen, and the sound comes out from behind under the bottom of the touchpanel.

RyanE

Archived