C4 Forums | Control4

HC300C announced

thecodeman

http://c4central.com/2010/08/10/miss-the-glory-days-of-1-7-4-performance-the-hc-300c-controller-should-give-your-2-0-project-a-needed-boost/

Power boost - will be handy for the single-controller installs. Comes with the SR-250B. Looks like Control4 hardware is catching up to it's software. What kind of difference can we expect? Not sure - I'd like to get a unit to bench test. These are available for ordering today and should be shipping starting in the next couple weeks. Of course, demand/supply and all that jazz dictates when you might actually get one.

If you purchase a new HC300C it ships with 2.0 operating system with the new SR250B included, and you replace your existing HC300 that is running director on an older os version, would you have to pay additionally to upgrade other hardware to 2.0?? (secondary HC300, light dimmers, keypads, etc)

If you buy *any* 2.0 controller (that is used for a master controller), the upgrade of the rest of your system components to 2.0 is included.

i.e. if you have 1.8, and you purchase an additional HC-200, that won't do it (because it can't be a master with other controllers in the system).

If you have 1.8 and you purchase a new HC-300C, which you use as your master controller, that would do it.

If you have 1.8 and you purchase a new HC-1000, that would do it.

RyanE

The cost is for 2.0 upgrade. Whether you're coming from 1.8 or 1.7 is irrelevant.

There was (and is) no Control4 added cost for a 1.7 -> 1.8 upgrade (your dealer may charge for the upgrade time and process).

RyanE

Its nice that Control4 is tinkering with their products to make improvements, but both the new HC-200B and HC-300C are still quite lacking in that they don't have HDMI out. The analog sunset happening sooner than people think, I was at Costco the other day and saw a TV without any component inputs, only HDMI. And many home theater recievers now have only one set of component inputs, and 4 or 5 HDMI inputs.

I'd like to see Control4 come out with a HC that has HDMI out, and also digital audio out, and can by itself stream movies from any NAS or DAS.

^That's a good thought for those pissed-off about new product intros. Complaining about lag on an HC or Waiting... on a SR could be peanuts compared to what's ahead for us folks riding on component-only distribution.

I still don't think it's right Control4 has not care about the current crop of low-powered HCs or the crappy antenna in the WiFi 7"or the this-or-that problems with SRs... All of which I have :(

I've got a feeling this is a transition piece. Kind of like the HC1000V2.

I think you'll see controllers with HDMI out announced sooner than you might think.

+1 I agree. This is a stop gap until the HDMI controllers are available. I give it 6 months top.

http://c4central.com/2010/08/10/miss-the-glory-days-of-1-7-4-performance-the-hc-300c-controller-should-give-your-2-0-project-a-needed-boost/

Power boost - will be handy for the single-controller installs. Comes with the SR-250B. Looks like Control4 hardware is catching up to it's software. What kind of difference can we expect? Not sure - I'd like to get a unit to bench test. These are available for ordering today and should be shipping starting in the next couple weeks. Of course, demand/supply and all that jazz dictates when you might actually get one.

Anyone know the MHz rating of the newer processors compared to the older ARM9 processors? Is it still way under powered in true Control4 fashion?:P

Power boost - will be handy for the single-controller installs. Comes with the SR-250B. Looks like Control4 hardware is catching up to it's software. What kind of difference can we expect? Not sure - I'd like to get a unit to bench test. These are available for ordering today and should be shipping starting in the next couple weeks. Of course' date=' demand/supply and all that jazz dictates when you might actually get one.[/quote']

Anyone know the MHz rating of the newer processors compared to the older ARM9 processors? Is it still way under powered in true Control4 fashion?:P

When I get one I'll find out.

I've got a feeling this is a transition piece. Kind of like the HC1000V2.

I think you'll see controllers with HDMI out announced sooner than you might think.

+1 I agree. This is a stop gap until the HDMI controllers are available. I give it 6 months top.

I wish I was as optimistic as you dgbrown. I'd predict september 2011 for an HC with HDMI out. Control4 has always been fairly slow with hardware updates.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I was wrong the hc300 processors are armv5

Processor : ARM926EJ-Sid(wb) rev 5 (v5l)

BogoMIPS : 148.27

roughly -300 MHz

So the newer HC300c is 30% more or around 400 MHz? is this correct?

Anyone have one of these yet and is the additional speed really noticeable or is it still slow for 2.0?

Archived