C4 Forums | Control4

Lightswitch not working

mitchelludwig

Basically, a few nights ago I noticed one of the outside lights was no longer operating as a part of the lighting scene isn't tied to. Looking, the zigbee connection to the light wasn't active anymore. There was a zigbee id assigned. I cleaned out the zigbee id and tried to re-identify, no joy. I tried deleting and re-adding the light, no-joy.

The switch itself works fine as a light switch, no issues there, just no zigbee connection back to the system, and no ability to identify.

Sounds like your ZigBee board has gone bad. If you had another 1.7.x device, you could swap the front panel ZigBee board to try and fix it, typically this would be an RMA situation if under warranty, or a replacement if not.

Sorry.

RyanE

You have to take off the plastics on the front.

* Remove the bezel

* Remove the black 'alignment' piece.

* Push the small tabs on each side of the front paddle, the paddle and 'container' come off.

* the ZigBee board is under the paddle.

You should only swap the same model's board, and obviously with the power off. You'll have to un-identify the old one, and identify the new one after re-assembly.

And... No guarantee that it'll fix your issue (and you're likely voiding any existing warranty), of course, but it's something to try.

RyanE

Edited to add: I believe the ZigBee board just pulls straight out.

Archived