C4 Forums | Control4

Sony 7000ES BR changer integration.

DonFromCanada

RS232 and the necessary driver. Only the sony 400 disc 777ES dvd and the 400 Disc ES bluray changer work.

So the C4 system scrapes the coverart and meta data from the changer, or does it just grab titles or CRC data and do another meta data lookup over the internet?

No, the changer doesn't have a high enough resolution image, and doesn't have complete metadata about the titles under it's control.

The driver requests disc info (tracks, lengths, etc.) and does a media lookup on the title. This media lookup returns a higher resolution disc image, as well as full metadata which is inserted into Control4's media database.

RyanE

No, the changer doesn't have a high enough resolution image, and doesn't have complete metadata about the titles under it's control.

The driver requests disc info (tracks, lengths, etc.) and does a media lookup on the title. This media lookup returns a higher resolution disc image, as well as full metadata which is inserted into Control4's media database.

RyanE

Sounds pretty good. Any benefit to doing it that way over using the native media browser in the Sony changer?

Sounds pretty good. Any benefit to doing it that way over using the native media browser in the Sony changer?

The biggest benefit for me is that *all* my movies, both those that are on the 400 Disc Blu-Ray changer, as well as those that are media files on the network, being played by my Control4 Media Player are in the same list, and my 6 year old doesn't need to know to look on the changer for some movies, and on the Control4 system for others.

Also, the metadata within Control4 is more extensive for the movies than the native sony media browser.

I also don't like how the Sony media browser works, but that's just me. I prefer to see more media at one time than the Sony browser shows, and I prefer higher resolution cover art.

RyanE

Guys, do you know if you can use it in UK.

Sony does not sell this dvd changer here, I thought I can buy it from states but will it work on my DVDs (knowing this is different region) or is there a way to unlock if it is locked.

thx

Janusz

Archived