C4 Forums | Control4

Ceiling fan control

drbchilds

The Problem Control 4.......I hope you are reading this.........is that I want to spend a lot of money on Home Automation and I want that money spent on Control 4 products. The problem I am encountering is that my builder is pushing me hard towards a Lutron/Savant system. One of the reasons he gives me is that there is no ceiling fan control available currently with Control 4......

If you guys are listening.......Please make this happen!!

The Problem Control 4.......I hope you are reading this.........is that I want to spend a lot of money on Home Automation and I want that money spent on Control 4 products. The problem I am encountering is that my builder is pushing me hard towards a Lutron/Savant system. One of the reasons he gives me is that there is no ceiling fan control available currently with Control 4......

If you guys are listening.......Please make this happen!!

I AGREE 100%!! I always wondered why there was not a switch that can control these! Seems like its would be a huge seller!

• 1 year later...

I suppose that this depends on the level of ceiling fan control that you want. I have about 15 fans in my house and they are all "controlled" by C4. Motion detectors turn them on based on the internal air temperature and timers turn them all off.

The things that are NOT controllable are:

1. reversing direction

2. speed changes

I have found that that speed is not something that I need to change, and that direction only needs to be changed once a year (to blow up in the winter in some rooms).

Bill

I do the same thing, but also wire my ceiling lights in with the fan lights.

I leave the pull chain on the fan lights, so if I decide I don't want them, but still want the room lights, I can turn off the fan lights.

No speed control, but on/off control works a dream.

RyanE

RyanE- However, if I did it similiar to TexasBill I couldn't have a "ALL OFF" button somewhere on a keypad where everything in house turned off...correct? (just trying to get my head around this all). If I did it like you and the fan was working, then I can only toggle the light on/off not the fan too?

Gene,

I don't understand your question. Bill is saying he has a separate dimmer for the lights and a switch for the fan.

This is how I have it as well, but the fan lights are wired with the room lights.

All Off lighting scene can turn off the lights, or the lights and fan depending on what you put in the scene.

In my case, I can also pull the fan lights pull string to have the fan lights be off regardless of the room's lights.

RyanE

Archived