C4 Forums | Control4

IP Control of Dune Doomed??

cabermj

I was thinking the same thing. I think dune has branched itself out a little too much based on the DIY success of the prime box. They are introducing something like 10 different boxes with a $2500 Home automation box being the crown jewel. It had better operate flawlessly out of the box and have an interface like a kaladescape. I'd rather see them stick to a 2-3 options at most and make sure they work flawlessly.

Thanks for the important link. Was about to buy a couple more Prime 3.0's...

This is bad news for C4-Dune owners. Unless the tie-in with 4Home means IP control has been written, is available (and therefore hackable) ;)

..Not that I'm even suggesting such a thing...

But if IP control code is not freely available to all...then I've got a clear message for Dune: YOU'VE MISLEAD ME

I wouldn't be happy if this is the case. Let me say the Dune prime I bought last week (yes it is a good DIY box :lol: ) ..will be the Last Dune player I will ever buy, if they pull this sort of stunt.....

I feel the pain of those that have already purchased a Dune in anticipation of future IP control. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a new Smart series box (and now see they are shipping 9/10) and play the waiting game for IP control. Now, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Perhaps we are overreacting and Dune will come through. I'd like to find out soon...

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the important link. Was about to buy a couple more Prime 3.0's...

This is bad news for C4-Dune owners. Unless the tie-in with 4Home means IP control has been written, is available (and therefore hackable) ;)

..Not that I'm even suggesting such a thing...

But if IP control code is not freely available to all...then I've got a clear message for Dune: YOU'VE MISLEAD ME

I wouldn't be happy if this is the case. Let me say the Dune prime I bought last week (yes it is a good DIY box :lol: ) ..will be the Last Dune player I will ever buy, if they pull this sort of stunt.....

I agree wapp!!! .. no IP control for my prime..... I will never buy another dune product ever!!!

Archived