C4 Forums | Control4

Im a newb. What should I use to control my lights

CSBragg

I am renovating a 100yr old home. This is a full gut and remodel and we are about halfway through and the electrician is going to be doing his thing within the next 2 weeks.

So I'm trying to nail down my control 4 lighting setup. I am planning on making the whole house automated.... top to bottom. Lights, video/audio distribution, security, AC, Cameras, Security Gate control... and a few more things.

When finished the house will be 5BD 3.5Bth and about 5,000sq'. I would like to start off with just installing light switches and dimmers and the controller I need to handle the lights. Im planing about 35 switches and dimmers. What controller should I get to handle lighting. I will be adding more equipment for all the other automated stuff but I might have to wait 6mths. We added about 1200sq' last min and that took a large portion of my smart budget.

I want my lights to work well. What do I need?

my house blog is www.northocoee.com

I can't imagine any electrician would run a switch leg on a new install either.

I would go with the newer HC-300C. It has a faster processor and a bit more memory. If you are going to run OS 2.0 in a single controller system you will want the HC-300C. The HC-300C is ZigBee Pro so you will want the version 3 dimmers and switches as well.

so it seems like the wisdom is just get the latest HC300-C version. I dont need a 1000? I really would have thought 1000 would have been the way to go. Will i have to add a 1000 right away to control everything I want to control?

Archived