C4 Forums | Control4

My C4 system isn't working ! Zigbee issue?

tratliff

I came home night before last to find that my remotes weren't working. I rebooted the system (couple of times) and still the remotes show "waiting for network" and can't operate the system.

Then I tried my iPad. It is communicating with the system and can operate the TV, audio, and security, but will not work for lighting scenes or individual lights or tstats.

So I have (probably incorrectly) deduced it is a Zigbee issue. What do you think?

I've left messages for my dealer but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Any ideas on what I might try to get the system communicating with the wireless devices?

I'm on 2.0.0.

I came home night before last to find that my remotes weren't working. I rebooted the system (couple of times) and still the remotes show "waiting for network" and can't operate the system.

Then I tried my iPad. It is communicating with the system and can operate the TV, audio, and security, but will not work for lighting scenes or individual lights or tstats.

So I have (probably incorrectly) deduced it is a Zigbee issue. What do you think?

I've left messages for my dealer but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Any ideas on what I might try to get the system communicating with the wireless devices?

I'm on 2.0.0.

I doubt it's a Zigbee prob.Did you restart your router.Try taking out your remotes baterries then restart your controller completly, there after put the baterries back. Good luck

yes, I rebooted all the equipment: HC300's, router, switch, etc. Everything.

yes, took batteries out of remote.

But it is not just the remote. the lights and lighting scenes don't respond either (except for manually pushing the switch of course). MTS's work but 6-buttons don't.

Yes, it had been working fine. No changes were made.

I do have ComposerHE.

Everything has power.

Very strange that a reboot doesn't fix it. I've rebooted several times.

Guess I'll have to wait on my dealer. Damn, I hate having to go around the housing turning lights on and off. I forget what a convenience C4 is for lighting.

Funny, my system stopped working Tuesday night as well. Turns about my project got removed somehow. My dealer was trying to upgrade my XBMC driver remotely the same day and got disconnected and figures that it happened somehow then. I'm guessing if you still have some functionality with your iPad that your project is still loaded though.

This is crazy. My wife (completely non-tech) just called me and said "the TV won't turn on". My system is down as well (for the first time in 5 years). I've got no idea what's going on, but I am heading home to figure it out.

She said the remotes just display the incorrect time and don't respond to any commands. She hadn't tried a touchpanel and wasn't interested...she was pretty annoyed. Must have happened during some dumb talk show =)

This is crazy. My wife (completely non-tech) just called me and said "the TV won't turn on". My system is down as well (for the first time in 5 years). I've got no idea what's going on, but I am heading home to figure it out.

She said the remotes just display the incorrect time and don't respond to any commands. She hadn't tried a touchpanel and wasn't interested...she was pretty annoyed. Must have happened during some dumb talk show =)

You deserved that, I can't believe this is the first time that you have to reboot for a problem like that. I need to reboot at least once a week.that's'just not fear.

You deserved that, I can't believe this is the first time that you have to reboot for a problem like that. I need to reboot at least once a week.that's'just not fear.

I hardly ever have to reboot my system. My HC-1000v3 has been up for 71 days. The only reason it has not been up longer is that we had a short power outage and I don't have my UPS on the system yet.

You saying that to me Neil? If so, this isn't the "real world". I've got a rock solid system, have had for many years. Your system could be rock solid too. If it isn't, hire somebody that knows what they're doing to fix it.

I've ask my dealer, we've looked around, on numerous occasions I've pop the question on the forum but nobody can answer it. I keep on loosing my annoucemnts every 4 to 5 days.

I got a good nice dealer so i don't think my problem is worth changing dealer. My dealer is realiable and flexable. So until i get my Hc 1000 i'll just hang in there. You know what that feels like Dan.

Neil;

It sounds like either your project has some corruption, which you dealer can send a backup in to Control4 to test it, or you have a faulty device. I had one customer that experienced the same issues you seem to be having and we replaced the HC-300 and the problem did not resurface.

Archived