C4 Forums | Control4

Simple ComposerHE Programming (I think)

Letran

How would the programming experts in the forum program the buttons below.

Wireless Dimmer

Top Button

Tap 1 - ramp light to 80% level in 6sec -->turn off automatically in 5mins ramp down to 0 level in 6sec, LED Green

Tap 2 - ramp light to 80% level in 6sec -->turn off automatically in 30mins ramp down to 0 level in 6sec, LED Blue

Tap 3 - ramp light to 80% level in 6sec -->turn off automatically in 60mins ramp down to 0 level in sec, LED Orange

Tap 4 - ramp light to 80% level in 6sec -->Leave on, LED Red

Bottom Button

Tap 1 - ramp light down to 0% level in 6sec, LED White

Tap 2 - ramp this light down to 0% level in 6sec as well as the one or two other lights in the room, LED White

Tap 2 - ramp this light down to 0% level in 6sec as well as the one or two other lights inthe room and turn off audio and video in the room, LED White

I'm just starting out with Control 4, I could use all the help you could suggest.

Thanks in advance

Dimmers are only natively programmable up to triple taps. You may use press and holds for another option:

http://www.c4diy.com/how-do-i-implement-a-press-and-hold-action-on-a-dimmerswitchkeypad/

I will tell you that even the superuser can get inconsistent results (triples read as doubles, etc). As for kids and a wife, forget it. Multi-button functions are mostly lost on them.

What you are asking for looks pretty easy using timers to trigger the 2nd functions. To be honest, you need to consider using a 6 button if you want all this functionality. 6 buttons, can do single, doubles, triples, tap and holds giving you up to 24 triggers.

Thank you for the replies. I was going to use this as a standard for all the light switches so it should be second nature after awhile. But as Scott has suggested to make the tap4 as hold instead would work. or even cut it down to the native 3tap.

I should say I'm in 1.8 right now because I tried to follow the tutorial at c4diy.com and it says it is for 1.7 and older. I tried to follow it anyway and I got lost in

a. setting the delay part

b. and the ramp up was not working for me it works on the ramp down but the 6sec ramp was not happening.

c. And the tutorial does not say how to set the timers for each tap.

So I post hoping somebody can give me a more direct set of instructions.

Thanks again in advance

In addition. Is there a reason why I cannot change the ramp rate of the dimmers. I try to change through programming actions and properties and it wont affect it. It seem to go back to default 750ms for ramp up & 2 sec for ramp down. How do I go about doing this for the whole project. From the device properties I was able to "Apply to." the LED colors succesfully and even the preset value to 80% from the default of 100%. but the 750ms for ramp up & 2 sec for ramp down won't budge. Any thoughts?

I just would like to thank everyone who sent me their screenshots. It has been very helpful. It works well I just couldn't make the hold & press work. As well as the issue with the ramp rate up and down (post above)is still unresolved. I would appreciate everyone's input.

Thanks Dan, yeah I've got to be doing something wrong. The multi-taps worked well. and the the last function I was going to add was the hold & press to that same button. Any advice on changing the ramp rates?

Archived