C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone installed the thermostats yet?

scott

yeah, totally cool. the only thing is that it binds to all rooms automatically, which means you can change the temp from any remote until you UN-bind it.

Andrew

I think I will like them, but for some reason I get everything I am supposed to on the On-screen user interface except the most important information the TEMPERATURE that is suppose to be in the center. Also I get nothing on the system remote other than Upstairs Thermostat (that is what I labeled it) and it does not show any information. It is bound to everyroom Temperature control and Temperature, but only the theater that it is installed in shows the Upstairs Thermostat. Any help appreciated.

Just as a followup for those who are not on the official C4 forums, after waiting a bit, the temperature started showing up. I suggested updating navigators and checking temperature room bindings.

• 2 years later...

I "THINK" you can also can calibrate it with Composer HE - FYI... there is also a way to calibrate it via the front display - but I don't remember the button presses for that sort of stuff etc etc... I'll do some digging and see if I can find it.

How are you going to calibrate it though? You usually need some sort of device made to do that (Radio Shack has such a device that we put on all our trucks - it cost $80 each I think). But using another thermostat to calibrate one is not a good idea. That could also be where you're getting the 7 degree difference (thinking that the room is warmer then it really is). Control4 sometimes needs calibrating - though it IS calibrated before it comes to you - and I've never EVER seen it more than 2-3 degrees off - so certainly not 7!

I'd suggest getting your dealer (and hopefully he has this tool) - or going out and purchasing this tool from Radio Shack and doing it yourself.

Found it:

To manually recalibrate (set to the correct temp.) the thermostat press the middle button 15 times to reset/reboot the thermostat or remove the battery

a) Then hold the outer two buttons until you see letters were the time is.

B) Then you hold the middle button while using the up and down buttons to adjust the temperature.

c) Once completed press and hold the middle button until the time returns.

This is the Radio Shack Product. Extech Mini IR Thermometer Model: 42500 Catalog #: 22-818 It is a laser you point at an object (Thermostat) and it tells you the temp

I also ordered Lascar Real-Time USB Temp and RH Data Monitor from Microdaq.com This a USB dongle that plugs into a Windows computer and monitors room temp. It also logs it in the computer.

Slemay thanks for the info. When I stated there was a temp difference between what the Control4 Thermostat says and how the room feels, that was just my guess. Once I get the above mentioned Dongle I will be able to quote an accurate difference.

Don't know anything about the dongle (and my question on that would be - is it calibrated as well???) - but yes - that is the Radio Shack part...

Now you could always order it - calibrate your dongle and return it - but you didn't hear that from me... hehehehe... :)

Archived