C4 Forums | Control4

what changed with the mini-touch?

sfleck

is it just my bad memory or has the mni-touch wiring changed? i am 100% positive that when i took the course (nearly a year ago) that the 110V feed went diretly into the touchscreen. that was a BIG selling feature as they sold it ... locate it near any outlet, feed some ROMEX up to the mini and if it's a wireless version BODDA-BING .... if it's the ethernet version feed it some CAT5 and good to go.

now a POE adapter is required for the ethernet version.

is this true for the wireless too? that would be bizzare if it was.

or maybe i just mis-understood and only the wireless mini-touch get power that way.

Hey Sfleck,

I thought the same thing... It's strange because the Mini Touch Screen Ethernet Version comes with an AC Plug with stripped ends but no where to put them into. I'm assuming the wireless version will have the terminals on them to attach the power cord to.

It makes sense that the Ethernet version only works with POE, but if the wireless doesn't have the power terminals it would be a little bit odd.

The Wi-Fi version will require 110v the way you indicate when it begins shipping TBA**. The ethernet version get's power from the POE and is the only version that has been available. If you get the Table Top kit, it comes with a power (lamp) cord that will let you set it up like an alarm clock.

We have a 110v Minitouch here, we also have had some issues with it, it works great , and then ??????

I think it may be a DHCP lease issue time with our server, I am investigating this week, I am back to thinking all these devices may be best on a static IP. I would prefer a seperate subnet from the PC data but the MC/HTC cannot cross subnets for access.

Hey Slemay? Got some sub net help out there ?

We'll keep posted on the WiFi TP

Archived