C4 Forums | Control4

How to best integrate a C4 8-zone and 4-zone amps WITHOUT a MATRIX

Letran

Dam it then ! I'm not buying your amp :) Wasn't in the market for it anyway.

Someone can start another thread if they want to discuss this further.

I have 3 HC300, 1 HC200, Yamaha HTR06290 and a Pioneer VSX Receivers.

What is the best way to go about this?

I neither have the inclination to spend the money nor the space in my rack for a matrix.

Thanks in advance.

If you're asking about having both a 8 zone and a 4 zone amp in the same project without a audio matrix then one way to do it it "y" (or split) the analog out's of 4 sources you want distributed through the zones being controlled by the amps. So as an example you would connect the lef/right analog of a cable STB to the input 1 on the 8 zone amp and input 1 on the 4 zone amp. You could then listen to the football game on all 12 zones.

The 8 zone amp has 4 additional source inputs available that can be used to feed all 8 zones on the 8 zone amp.

If you're asking about having both a 8 zone and a 4 zone amp in the same project without a audio matrix then one way to do it it "y" (or split) the analog out's of 4 sources you want distributed through the zones being controlled by the amps. So as an example you would connect the lef/right analog of a cable STB to the input 1 on the 8 zone amp and input 1 on the 4 zone amp. You could then listen to the football game on all 12 zones.

The 8 zone amp has 4 additional source inputs available that can be used to feed all 8 zones on the 8 zone amp.

I see, 8 total sources, 12 total audio zones. Sounds good.

Next question, And this might sound a little stupid. Where do I buy split or "Y" audio cables.

Thanks dgbrown. It seems that you have implemented this a few times already.

Works well? Any pros & cons?

Standard splitter works great. I have done this with audio and video in my house as my current matrix is not quite big enough, and I don't want to buy a bigger one with this whole HDMI thing looming over me.

Split the signal with any splitter, you'll be fine.

Archived