C4 Forums | Control4

Arm to Stay & Arm to Away not working!

Had my dealer update my system to 1.7.4 (yes, don't laugh was on 1.7.2 with no issues). I want to add an iPad to the system so I needed to update. The problem is now any programming with "Press Arm to Stay" or "Press Arm to Away" no longer works. Everything else in the script works but those two??? So now my one button press prior to leaving no longer sets my alarm. This is also the case with my "Good Night" button beside my bed, it won't set the alarm to stay. Any thoughts or ideas about what to do now??? Thanks

Don't you have to enter the alarm code after you press "arm" ?

That's the way I had to set mine up.

script is:

press the arm to away button

press the # button

press the # button

press the # button

press the # button

where # is your alarm code.

there may be another way, if so please post.

Don't you have to enter the alarm code after you press "arm" ?

Actually, there is an "Arm to Stay" option which didn't require entering your alarm code. There is also the option which you have in your script, entering each number individually.

That's the way I had to set mine up.

script is:

press the arm to away button

press the # button

press the # button

press the # button

press the # button

where # is your alarm code.

there may be another way, if so please post.

This is exactly what I had to do to get it to work. The drawback is that if someone (dealer & or dealer employees) has access to the C4 file they then know my alarm code. The other way was great, you didn't have to have your alarm code in your programming! Would really like to get the original script working!!!

not if quick arming is enabled then no code needed to arm

I can't see updating to 1.7.4 changing the quick arm option in the alarm programming. I just can't seem to figure this out yet, still hoping someone might have run into this! :/

I have a similiar issue though it occured before I updated. My alarm was working and set when I left for vacation. When I returned a few days later, the C4 did not recognize my code to disarm or arm. I have an ELK M1. I have been trying to troubleshoot to no avail... The C4 does still register my Zones, it just will not accept my alarm code. The ELK accepts the code fine...

Archived