C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone ever look into Tempur-Pedic Advanced Ergo Adjustable Base

mercedes

We just purchased a new Tempur-Pedic mattress with the Ergo adjustable base. It comes with a remote control which immediately made me think about controlling it from my C4 system. I have looked around but have not found any specs on the remote. I would assume it is IR but was wondering if anyone has looked into it before.

Thanks

Remote should be RF since contoller is not within LOS.

The controller is in the base of the bed. It almost looked like there was an IR window at the foot. The bed gets delivered Wednesday afternoon so I hope I will know more then. I can't find even a product manual online anywhere.

Just think, turn on the bedroom TV and have the bed adjust to the proper position and turn on the massage, dim the lights. Then I would need to figure out where the wife would sleep.

We just purchased a new Tempur-Pedic mattress with the Ergo adjustable base. It comes with a remote control which immediately made me think about controlling it from my C4 system. I have looked around but have not found any specs on the remote. I would assume it is IR but was wondering if anyone has looked into it before.

Thanks

I've got the same ones. I would love for at least the FLAT function to be automated or at least timed. If you do pursue any type of integration please let me know.

Thanks

Thanks

I've got the same ones. I would love for at least the FLAT function to be automated or at least timed. If you do pursue any type of integration please let me know.

Thanks

So do you like the bed?

We've got the 2XL twins tied to gether to make a king. We did this of course so that my wife can have any which way she wants it and not bother mine. As oppose to the California version where the whole king size is one piece.

Personally I barely use the adjustable bit. My wife uses hers everyday But it's good I'll buy it again.

Love the memory foam thing, can't really imagine in sleeping in anything else

Love the choice of being able to sit and adjust the bed while watching TV.

Very convenient specially if you are trying to write while in bed.

Somebody could be jumping up and down on the other side and you will not feel it.

The massage feature is useless as far as I'm concerned

It is a wallhugger version but still a reach for the night table (just being picky)

The gap in the middle can be annoying. I've had to devise a few ways to keep the two mattresses together

Your bed frame has to accomodate the beds base and allowances of a moving mattress

The only thing I would like to automate is that after a particular time it goes back to FLAT. I thought I did read somewhere that in a brown out situation that it goes to its original state. I tried pulling the power plug but nothing happens.

Good Luck, enjoy the bed.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I say get the schematics from the manufacturer if possible, or find the relay son their PCB and just wire your controller relays or use CA relays wired right into their relays inside their motor unit, then you can just use a mini remote.... Use the multi page driver so each person can have their own page.

I say get the schematics from the manufacturer if possible, or find the relay son their PCB and just wire your controller relays or use CA relays wired right into their relays inside their motor unit, then you can just use a mini remote.... Use the multi page driver so each person can have their own page.

Sorry not so techie I do not follow. But since the remotes are already RF couldn't we just get/copy/match ?not sure if even possible? the same frequency or maybe change ot to c4's frequency. Just tossing it out there. I would love to see some sort of integration.

I say get the schematics from the manufacturer if possible' date=' or find the relay son their PCB and just wire your controller relays or use CA relays wired right into their relays inside their motor unit, then you can just use a mini remote.... Use the multi page driver so each person can have their own page.[/quote']

Sorry not so techie I do not follow. But since the remotes are already RF couldn't we just get/copy/match ?not sure if even possible? the same frequency or maybe change ot to c4's frequency. Just tossing it out there. I would love to see some sort of integration.

RF is different than zigbee, it is not likely to be as easy as "copying" the remote codes.

Archived